Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I have an addiction
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

OK I'm really struggling to stop myself buying some Junior T's and building up my old long-travel bike. I bearly use my current short travel. I bearly use my road bike. I haven't touched my trials bike for months and my singlespeed sits unloved. Now most of that is primarily because I'm house-hunting but still, why do I have an urge to buy more parts to build a bike that I wont use?!? Madness!

molgrips
    Free Member

You're insane mate. Just think about all that lovely kit sitting unused, that should shame you into not buying more stuff.

Bikes need to be ridden.. like dogs need to be walked and played with. Only buy another bike if it's going to allow you to do something cool and new.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hi my name's Yeti and I've been addicted to building up bikes I don't ride often enough for 4 years now.

sofatester
    Free Member

Your a fool i tell you, a dam fool! 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

True enough. Harsh words but correct. I think I just yearn for the buttery smoothness of my old bike but I stripped that to get a bike I could do longer and less technically demanding rides on. I've never found a do-everything bike, so I keep making every option instead!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Keep on doing it – it keep the secondhand market full of cheap barely used stuff which is where I get my bikes and parts

ddmonkey

Don't buy the Jr T's they are rubbish! There are plent of good second hand single crown forks that will do a better job, try some 150mm Z1's!

clubber
    Free Member

bearly? Have you got some sort of grizzly fetish? 🙂

Bikes are great – build up whatever you want. Just don't think that it'll solve world peace as some here seem to…

rOcKeTdOg

i have 4 bikes built and a few frames knocking about i'd like to get it down to one, but which one for everything?

maybe i should start a thread?

coffeeking
    Free Member

dd – whats up with the Jnr Ts (I was actually thinking of 2nd hand, oldschool ones with 170mm)? They were something I really wanted to buy when I worked in the industry many moons ago, but never got round to it, now I can afford a 2nd hand set cheap as chips and if they work as well as my Z1 dropoffs of the same era I'll be a happy monkey 🙂

rocketdog – I don't think it's possible, they're all SO different. Naturally I need my trials bike for hoppity fun, and I need my road bike for commuting, but surely no long travel bike climbs like my NRS, no short travel bike deals with the bumps like my old single-pivot carbon-arm 6"er, and nothing makes my legs scream like my superlight rigid SS?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I have an addiction’ is closed to new replies.