Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • I Hate Cotic…
  • slowrider
    Free Member

brant, no idea!

slowrider
    Free Member

can i ask a dumb question about cotic frames? when they say that all their frames share the same geo, does that mean that for a given fork length they will have exactly the same angles or that they tweak the angles to suit the travel? dur, fanx!

miketually
    Free Member

Inbreds are good, but you do need to factor in the cost of a respray as the paint is very thin

Depends upon whether you care about the paintwork. Mine still looks white after 5 years. Despite being ridden in the rain, the paint hasn't all washed off yet.

😉

topangarider
    Free Member

I've just replaced my 456 with a Soul ('old' style in custard). The soul is lighter and rides lighter – has a real buzz to it, one I didn't get with the 456. Not to say the 456 was bad – I got away with some crazy stuff and it pi55ed on my old Gringo.

However, I reckon the money is worth paying for a Soul. It rides better for whatever reason (materials/design etc) and the paint is ten times better than the 456. My shorts rubbed the paint off the cable guides on my 456 after one ride!

You pays your money…..

AndyBurns
    Free Member

@Brant – from the Cotic site:

"Its first major update in 6 years (it was THAT good the first time) has centred around meeting the new stringent CEN safety regulations that all frames must now comply with." – http://cotic.co.uk/product/soul

… so one would hope that it passed!

wwaswas

I the q re: CEN was for the other frame, not the soul.

miketually
    Free Member

@Brant – from the Cotic site:

"Its first major update in 6 years (it was THAT good the first time) has centred around meeting the new stringent CEN safety regulations that all frames must now comply with." – http://cotic.co.uk/product/soul

… so one would hope that it passed!

He was asking about the Spooky Horror Taxi.

shortcut

For the guy who was looking for Cotic near bracknell try Mountain Trax in Barkham.

cy

Mountain Trax aren't a dealer, we've just sent them the odd frame. If you want a dealer and a demo bike down that way, then you need to head over to Mountain High in Pangbourne.

Didn't realise the claimed weight on the Horror Taxi, although I'd be astounded if it was a) CEN compliant and b) true. That'd be lighter than Kate's new 'cross frame, and that's fookin' light!

Thanks for all the kinds words everyone. Proper lightened my day it has!

metalheart
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks – Member

metalheart – how about i have a go on your soul once built up again – i'd love to sample fairy dust

As long as you take your ti456 (and we coordinate pedals too)

the_lecht_rocks

MetalHeart – Member

As long as you take your ti456 (and we coordinate pedals too)

good idea – riding tomorrow ?

metalheart
    Free Member

Speshpaul – Member

But back to the original poster, looking at the picture of your soul you need a new one.
    In a bigger size.

Funnily enough I disagree. It is just the right size. As advised personally by Cy/Paul at the time (layback seatpin & 90mm stem). A bigger frame would be less chuckable and hence less fun.

metalheart
    Free Member

riding tomorrow ?

got a viewing at 12…. so unless you fancy the afternoon.

Also note Soul not built up yet (and Richard not back until next week).

metalheart
    Free Member

cy – Member

Thanks for all the kinds words everyone. Proper lightened my day it has!

You're welcome. Can I have a tee too? 😀

Jont-77
    Free Member

Ok, starting set my heart on a soul after reading lots of lovely feedback on them, but I'm just wondering whether to justify spending the money on a new one. Anyone out there thinking of selling their "old-style" soul in a medium, then please get in touch, (complete bikes preferably.)… mind you, probably going to be calling in the Eighteeen over the weekend, so might have talked myself into a new one by Monday!! 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Thanks all for the education on different steal tubing and paint finish. 🙂

MrGreedy

Slight hijack while Cy is around: does anywhere have a demo in a large at the moment?

Speshpaul

A layback post and the seat as far back as possible on the rails.
    If you're happy then fine:-)

metalheart
    Free Member

A layback post and the seat as far back as possible on the rails.

Aye, as I said, just the right size…

I've been down the road of buying a large frame (Motolite) before and to me part of the whole Cotic vibe is the smaller frame than usual being more chuckable and more fun as a consequence. I've done 5 hour rides on it and its been fine.

That photograph is kinda old now and I'm intending running the saddle more central as I've recently moved it forwards on the Chumba (and reduced stem length by 20mm…)

The days of 20" frames and 135mm stems are long gone for me I'm glad to say. Running as small a frame as I can comfortably get away with.

Thanks for your concern though. 😉

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

My bike is set up like that.Very chucakable but front end get light when climbing steep ascents.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘I Hate Cotic…’ is closed to new replies.