Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • I feel sorry for this coppa.
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’d have punched him if he spoke to me like that.

So, your response to someone being cleverer than you is to resort to violence?

What if he was bigger than you, and an expert in Kung Fu? What would you do then?

So basically; we have no evidence of the RLJing, although there may well be some, but we do have some form of evidence of the assault by the copper. Hmm. Assault trumps traffic violation, I’d say.

Still loving the way some folk are getting all wound up over this…

docrobster
    Free Member

Whose defintion of assault are you using?
    Would it be the same one all the asbo scallies use? “you can’t touch me I’ll have you for assault”….
    Just after they’ve caused criminal damage to your property usually.
    Handbags 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Whose defintion of assault are you using?

Erm the England and Wales legal one?

Try grabbing something off a copper, let us know how you get on.

‘Assault’ can be something as simple as merely pushing someone, irrespective of any ‘harm’ caused.

If RLJing is breaking the law, so is what that copper dun. Simples. 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

So, your response to someone being cleverer than you is to resort to violence?

the way he spoke was nothing to do with being “clever”. I know lots of clever people that don’t come across as complete arseholes.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t matter Dezzie you can’t just go round smacking people (and breaking the Law) simply because you don’t like their attitude.

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

I’m sure I’m not alone in saying I would just have kept going. No way a copper in anorak & trousers with a 35lb bike laden with panniers is going to catch me. Not that I make a habit of running lights or cruising along the pavement. Anyone had a game of cat and mouse with a rozzer on a bike?

Back to original post, that guys a knob!

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, that hasn’t stopped me so far 😉

(I know really mate, it’s just the Internet way of saying ” I really really dislike that chappie to which you refer”)

docrobster
    Free Member

you can’t just go round smacking people

Did someone get smacked?
    I must have missed that bit

pastcaring
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Don’t matter Dezzie you can’t just go round smacking people (and breaking the Law) simply because you don’t like their attitude.

i don’t think some coppers agree with you

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23936266-g20-inquest-jury-visits-ian-tomlinson-death-scene.do

Junkyard
    Free Member

Anyone had a game of cat and mouse with a rozzer on a bike

once but it is really hare and tortoise I was on a road bike.
    Cyling hime saw the copper take a short cut between some houses [footpath] just when they were first appearing on the bikes. Followed him just for a chat – never ever took that short cut tbh. He stopped [me thinking friendly chat] to ask me
    C: why are you cycling on the pavement?
    J: [shocked] I was just following you
    C But you cant cycle on the pavements
    J: Neither can you
    C: Well i Can if it is an emergency
    J: If it is an emergency why are you talking to me?
    C: Blank look but no longer happpy
    J: I just wanted to chat about the bike to be honest
    C: What is your name and where do you live
    J: Goodbye catch me if you can
    C: pedalled after me gave up after 10 metres [ good I was about 100 m from home
    J :did not ride bike home for a while 😳

I was on a road bike but I think anyone could have ripped his legs apart he was built for MTB 😉

cheez0
    Free Member

No way a copper in anorak & trousers with a 35lb bike laden with panniers is going to catch me

crombie craig – Dont forget coppers have a radio in amongst that 35lb of crap and he can call his m8s who are equipped with heavy yet fast cars, heavy yet fast helicopters and heavy and hard fokkking great sticks to beat your panting ass with.

🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, cos like they’re gonna deploy a copter for someone RLJing ffs… 🙄

By the time he’s called up his mates in cars, I’m long gone mate.

Anyone had a game of cat and mouse with a rozzer on a bike

Nah, just laughed at them and ridden off at my normal pace. They ain’t catching me on those things.

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

I can imagine the scene on crimewatch, helicopter tailing a cyclist for jumping a light or riding on the pavement…

joeh2o
    Free Member

As for those wishing that the father of a young child be ‘splattered under a bus’ (just for jumping a red light); how would you respond if I suggested I hoped the copper was shot in the face and killed by an armed robber*, just for being a bit pompous? I mean, both are possible consequences of their actions and choices, aren’t they?

I’m not suggesting he be “splattered under a bus” for being pompous. I’m suggesting that if he comes a cropper by running red lights and being hit by a car, I just hope it’s on the journey *to* the school to collect his daughter, rather than on the way home.

You know, since he’s above the law ‘n all. I won’t have any sympathy for him if he’s hit by a car, although I’m sure it would be funny to see him attempt to talk his way out of the car breaking his leg as he cruises into its right of way with no regard for the rules of the road. Hopefully the camera would survive the impact and he could watch it back repeatedly while in hospital to learn the golden rule “being a smartass means nothing when faced with a hungry bear”.

He seemed genuinely affronted that the cop was asking for his details, in a way that said “how dare you! I’ve done nothing wrong!” when clearly he had.

He won’t learn anything from the experience though, but severe pain and a long recovery period just might teach him some manners and make him realise that ultimately, the cop stopped him on a safety issue – both his own, and for anyone who he might ride out in front of.

Your hypothetical “I hope the cop gets shot” argument is disingenuous – if the cop had been doing something stupid to warrant getting shot (say, not wearing a vest and and jumping around in front of an unstable guy with a gun, provoking him into attacking then sure), but here you’re trying to conflate a cop doing his job with a cock who broke the law and then got annoyed because someone who could call him on it and who had some actual power to hurt him (in the wallet) caught him doing it (as opposed to a car driver who can only hurl verbal abuse at him for being a dickhead RLJ).

toys19
    Free Member

All this crap about RLJers being run over. Jumpimg a red light is as dangerous as crossing the road not at a zebra crossing, look all ways check nothing is coming, go. It’s as simple as that, if you were on foot you would do it. This crap about it being dangerous and putting other road users in danger is just completely moronic. It is not the same as speeding in any way.

joeh2o
    Free Member

But it *is* against the law, and you *can* get run over.

I have personally had to sharply brake to avoid hitting cyclists who have ridden through red lights and who are not looking where they’re going.

Even if you are sure it is safe *you are not allowed to do it* and if a cop calls you on it, you take the rap.

Chance it if you like – and I’ll be the first to say I walk across pelican crossings when it is “safe” without waiting for the green man, but it’s not as if I can complain if I get hit by a car, or told off by an authority figure when I’m caught doing something I shouldn’t be.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh get a bit of perspective ffs. Cheeze.

‘Oh how terrible a cyclist went through a red light!’

Anyone being all sanctimonious about this is probbly secretly hiding disgusting and horrific crimes they’ve committed themselves…

That copper is, for sure. Look at his face. Guilty as anything.

Junkyard
    Free Member

This crap about it being dangerous and putting other road users in danger is just completely moronic

whilst I get your point that you can do its safely [or more dagerously] it is always more dangerous than waiting as vehicles crossing you have right of way I dont think ithelps motorists to be respectful of cyclists. I tend not to do this bit only have tow and they are quite busy on my commute

peterfile
    Free Member

i can probably find out who that **** is in the video.

the STW equivalent of the legal world. seriously, these things don’t stay quiet for very long. If you think he’s being made a fool of here, he will be positively destroyed over there

Dickyboy

Me thinks the RLJ is wishing the internet would dissapear up a large cavernous hole right now 😀 regrets I’ve had a few….

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘I feel sorry for this coppa.’ is closed to new replies.