Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I failed my cycling proficiency test
  • RustyNissanPrairie

still gutted 35ish years on……

nmdbase
    Free Member

You’re rubbish 😉

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Ditto, it remains the only test/exam i’ve ever failed. I seem to remember got bored and tried to do skids on my new bmx

RustyNissanPrairie

I was doing wheelies on my 10 spd ‘droppy’ which didnt help.

noteeth
    Free Member

I remember mine being enlivened by a schoolmate suddenly veering off and jumping a set of steps (this being the halcyon days of BMX in Somerset), much to the disgust of the instructor.

Rad – from the Anglo-Saxon, meaning “to ride”.

moniex
    Free Member

😯 wow it really means that much? I will have to keep this in mind next time I tell one of the youngsters “they have not reached the required standard”…… At least they don’t “fail” anymore lol (we should not really use the f word, the kids still know anyway…… “so I failed”, bless).

Mine was theory only when I did it in holland years back…

Simone

wwaswas

theory only

Ah, good, theoretically I can pass any test you care to give me!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I scraped through the theory part.

And pulled a massive skid in the practical 8)

I don’t think he was too impressed by my use of nose wheelie/endo to get arround the slalom course either.

moniex
    Free Member

Yep Theory only in Holland, changed the year before I took my test I think (about 14 ish years ago). I suppose in Holland everyone was riding everywhere anyway. We went from our primary school to the local sportshall for PE on our bikes, yep the whole class with one teacher! Dont think it would pass risk assess now…..

trailmonkey

don’t pass or fail anymore, just either get the training or they don’t.

excitable1
    Free Member

Failed mine too.

There’s a common thread here… BMX racism !!!

Our instructor told us at the beginning of the course that he hated BMX and forced us to get lights and reflectors on them. He also told us that if there was no traffic we didn’t have to stop at a Give Way sign. I failed for not stopping at a Give Way sign.

30 years on I was just about over it and someone starts this bloody thread and brings it all back. THANKS A LOT !!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

i passed mine

slidewinder
    Free Member

Wow someone else who failed, I thought I was the only person in the entire world to fail it – even really thick kids left with their 25m swimming certificate and their cycling proficiency even if they failed all their GCSEs!

It was a copper who taught ours, he called BMXs ‘bedroom bikes’ and took a dislike to me because he thought my bike was too big for me and I was a loose cannon. At the end of the course he told me my number was up and he’d had enough of me and my renegade ways – at least that’s the way I remember it – it was 25 years ago so they might not have been quite the words he used!

excitable1
    Free Member

WHAT 25m SWIMMING BADGE AS WELL…..!!!!!! 🙁

xiphon
    Free Member

I remember getting a bollocking by the local copper who was doing the cycle tests with some kids I knew.*

Won’t be wheelieing past any police constables any time soon…

*I was 10 at the time.

Northwind

I failed, but we put it down to Mr Urquart being an obvious paedo.

boltonjon

Proudest day of my life when Nigel Mansell presented me with my Cycling Proficiency Certificate!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I failed my cycling proficiency test’ is closed to new replies.