Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I didn't think I would like racing, but…..
  • No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

just got back from HTN 2 and I loved every minute of it! I haven't entered any races in the last 2 years because I thought they would all be crowded, dull courses and no fun just stress. But I absolutely loved HTN2, fantastic course with so many great sections I would have happily done more laps if I had had time (and the legs)! It was such a great friendly atmosphere and very well organised! Nice to meet lots of people from the forum too! Thanks to everyone who put in the huge effort to arrange it all!

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Totally agree.
    It was my first event as part of a pair. Thought it was great. Wish I'd have pushed myself for a 6th lap but the legs had faded. Big thanks to the organisers and marshalls.

Great atmosphere with loads of friendly folk. Must say thank you to Nic and his gazebo and Mike with the bongo who we parked next to and everyone else who crossed The First Timers path on the day.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

BTW, where are the photos and vids from the event?

Bunnyhop

No_discerning_taste is being very modest as they won their category, well done.

Photos to follow asap.

I hope it won't be the last Hit the North.

bakey

KingofBuscuits – you guys did really well for your first pairs event! See you next time.

My legs are killing me from my (admitedly v. slow) 7 laps!

bakey (w/Bongo)

nbt

Have got 473 images on the PC. Frustratingly, my attempts to "upgrade" Photoshop CS2 to CS3 last week (to process photos from a borrowed camera) have led to the uninstallation of all means of image processing for the moment. Need to sort out something else then get cracking now I have access to the PC. hopefully I'll have them done later today, might well be tomorrow though. I'll be able to send out hi-res versions on request, I'll be asking people to make a charity donation to Petesgaff – see here for more details

http://www.singletrackworld.com/2010/06/mark-fradgleys-bullheart-jogle/

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

I need the pic of me on the 2nd lap ( i think) for the Mulebar website……..

nbt

it's coming. I know the one you mean, that second descent with a gel pack in your mouth

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Cheers mate, It was actually a Mule bar, which considering i was wearing a Mule bar top, could look quite cool……

Harry_the_Spider

Was it sticking out of your ass or something?

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

my mouth, so almost right. it was completley sketchy, trying not to crash, or drop my food, and not look stupid on camera……..

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Thanks bakey, appreciated. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 7 laps, slow or not, is better than out individual 5. Hope you enjoyed the after ride beers. I know I did.

Looking forward to checking the photos out nbt.

nickingsley
    Free Member

Really enjoyed HtN, well organised with a cracking course. Can't believe the turnout given the improved weather this year compared to HtN 1 which was horrendous. Understand the huge effort required to organise as I have helped organise a couple of fundraising events for ~350 people with live bands, bars, bbq's etc really hard work – the reward is seeing everyone enjoying themselves – priceless. Oh and having a few (well quite a few actually) beers with the organising team when everyone else has left is a really special moment.

Well done to the organisers it was another very good event and the marshalls, who were full of humour and motivation to keep you going, were brilliant. Nothing personal but my heart sank each time I saw that marshall at the bottom of the mud bank climb – but he seemed to take the abuse in good heart!

Bit miffed with my 8 laps but fitness nowhere near what it should have been and that other weak excuse I adopted after 4 laps.

After 2 MTB events I have established that meeting friendly folk is easy – bring a gazebo – it works every time. Good to meet up with Mike, Dave, Nick, Mike and Chris.

The guy on the Jones Ti 29 – great entertainment – how did he keep such a steady pace for the 3 laps I was with him and keep a constant narrative going? He must know Debs and Av from Delamere Monday Night rides – good fun.

How come Mike beat my best laptime and as for being beaten by 2 girls in the solo's – well I'm getting used to it after being stuffed on the big climbs in the Clwyds and Peaks by the weaker sex (not).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I didn't think I would like racing, but…..’ is closed to new replies.