Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • I did my first enduro yesterday….
  • juan
    Free Member

And I add the best plate number :D. The 00. The only problem is that you don't see people riding, but it was good. The special 1 and 3 were unknown to me but they were awesome. The special 2 was my garden but we put a lot of effort in it to make it less hazardous. It was wicked…

grumm
    Free Member

FuzzyWuzzy

Someone's found a stash of pixie dust…

juan
    Free Member

Grum enduro racing… You know 2 to 4 stage with the clock ticking and just a maximum time to go from one to the other. A bit like a rally car.

rOcKeTdOg

pics?

hilldodger
    Free Member

double-zero eh ! you'll have to rename your bike 'the mean machine' 😉

juan
    Free Member

LOL @ hill doger. RD no no pic, as the 00 as the chance to ride the specials before everyone else to check it's all good I couldn't stop for pic. It's a boone and a curse but I loved it :D. If you want I can take a pic of the race plate 😉

If I understood what this thread was about, I might reply.
    As it is, I won't.

Although I would love to see a pic of the race plate.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Good man. Where was it Juan? I am doing one on 28th March.

p.s. the UK think Enduro is marathon type races with a different name hence the confusion.

speaker2animals

Go on then I'll ask. GRUM?

Is this motorcycle enduro?

I wondered if it might be a motorcycle enduro, but then I can't imagine anyone who says…

It was wicked…

…being old enough to ride a motorbike.

juan
    Free Member

Well if it was a motorcycle enduro it would have been in the chat forum 😉
    so no it was not a motorcycle enduro, just a mountain bike one.
    RHS IIRC I have briefly met you last year in monaco at the transalp diner.
    Where is your enduro on the 28th?

RHSno2
    Free Member

Yes. Thats right Juan. Twas me.
    28th is Dabo in the Voseges. Its run by Jerome Clementz and should be a nice warm up (hoping the snow melts alot before then)

speaker2animals

OK I still don't know what GRUM means.

MussEd
    Free Member

Grum is someone's user name Juan was responding to Grums question mark.

juan
    Free Member

RHS why don't you come down south and try to do the enduro of sospel THAT should be a nice warm up 😉

RHSno2
    Free Member

Bit far to come but I would love too. When is it?

juan
    Free Member

let me have a look.

juan
    Free Member

here you go if you need translating let me know
    http://www.26in.fr/news/1619-rallye-freeride-de-sospel-2010.html

thomthumb
    Free Member

are people in this thread trying to be confused?

nasher
    Free Member

Hey Juan

I will be doing the Sospel one, maybe see you there..

Also will be doing a couple that Dje and the guys at tribe sport are organising.

RHS I shuttled some guys from Verbier last week that knew you very well… and say Hi to Clementz for me.

juan
    Free Member

Nasher I won't be racing as I don't have a full face helmet. I opened the colomar one as a favour to my LBS and because it gave me the opportunity of racing. But being unemployed i just can't afford a full face helmet and several race inscription.

Plus I am sure the sospel VTT club isn't short of openers 😉 But I'll try to go and take pictures.

zaskar
    Free Member

Enduro? you did a xc sportive? well done…

(Juan is drinking again!)

ash

Nice one Juan.

I think the source of confusion on this thread is that most people residing in the UK consider "Enduro" to be long long xc-based races…e.g. 12 or 24 hour things on generally non-tech courses and on light bikes, etc… i.e. the format which is actually referred to as "Marathon" by UCI.

Basically (apart from Mash-Up and the Avalanche Enduros) there are no proper MTB Enduro races in the UK yet and hence people don't know what you're on about when you say things like "special 2".

Ash

duntstick
    Free Member

Sospel Rally Enduro 2009

Juan, we could take the van up there sometime if you like, that's where I used to live ;0)

juan
    Free Member

Dunstick why not I have not much better to do at the moment so yes I'll drop you a line right now.

Cheers

RHSno2
    Free Member

Can^'t make that date unfortunately but I'll be around there in April and can't wait to ride some of those trails. Such a good format and that will be a hard fought enduro (NOT A ROUND FIELD MARATHON EVENT 🙂

juan
    Free Member

RHS drop me a line when you are here I'll get you a tour of "le centre du monde" aka le mont chauve 😉

nasher
    Free Member

Sorry you havent got a job Juan but there seems to be a lot of Mcd's and KFC's opening up in France…. 🙂

If you fancy doing doing some guiding on the Italian side (the better side :D) as well as Tende and La Brigue give us a shout.

A

juan
    Free Member

Is that a job offer nahser 😉
    Anyway I will as I now have plenty of time to ride 😉

nasher
    Free Member

Kind of

I cant commit to a full time guide at the moment but i also need a guide for a few weeks, so if you have nothing to do and fancy spending some time in Italy, give us a shout

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘I did my first enduro yesterday….’ is closed to new replies.