• This topic has 59 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by bigG.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • I am home early from work…. Guess why?
  • tommid
    Free Member

Yep my partner has gone in to labour. Early stages, but tommid junior is on the way.
    Wish me luck….

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Good luck!

tony24
    Free Member

congrats mate. wont be too long ours is due in around 10-12 days 😀

hora
    Free Member

What names are you going with?

Sell your bike now. Your not going to ride it for a year or two ——–>

cynic-al
    Free Member

Better than being sacked which is what I anticipated…

argyle
    Free Member

i too thought sacked

midlifecrashes

Good luck, fun times ahead!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Awesome, I love guessing games… oh 🙁

Congratulations though.

organic355
    Free Member

Whatever you do STAY AT THE HEAD END!!!

good luck!!

ourmaninthenorth

Wish YOU luck?

Wish Mrs Tommid luck more like – she’s doing all the hard work..!

tommid
    Free Member

Thanks guys its 7 days late so its feels like a long wait. You have all this to come Tony24.

I will pas on you good luck to Mrs tommid who is currently very relaxed, but I can feel the tension growing. Contractions are getting stronger, but still about 15 minutes apart.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

PMSL! good luck make sure you wet the babies head, it seems to be a tradition thats lacking these days.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yes good luck and you will be a verbal punchbag for the duration. Enjoy it, its one of the most special things you can be part of.

s
    Free Member

organic355 – Member

The best advice ever on STW

😉

Taff
    Free Member

‘Hang on for five minytes more love.. just need to get on to STW’

Congrats and good luck to you both

philconsequence
    Free Member

good luck to you and mrs tommid 🙂

its a shame they dont do downhill births (like water births) start em young and all that!

warton
    Free Member

good luck, stay at the top end, I nearly feinted when I saw all the stuff that comes out the bottom end.

EDIT: Organic beat me to it!

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Mines due (well, the wife is) in 3 weeks!!!! 😯

stratobiker
    Free Member

tommid – it’s not you who needs the luck. You’ve done your bit! 😉

“Good Luck” and “Bon Courage” to mrs tommid, and congratulations to you both.

SB

willard

Good luck to both of you! (well, soon to be three of you).

Lots of support and best wishes.

samuri
    Free Member

You should have provided that advice 9 months ago.

Bunnyhop

How exciting.

Can we have some pictures tomorrow?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Head end or business end? Saying that – both ends are the head end at one point or another.

Drac

Ah bugger by the time I read the posts and logged in samuri stole my joke.

Good luck and all the best people are born on the 6th January.

Bunnyhop

Happy buffday Drac

uplink
    Free Member

Good luck to the tommids

With our 1st one there a few problems & it ended up with lots of cutting & forceps – I chanced a look down the business end whilst all this was going on 😯

That was 22 years ago & [never mind the wife] I’m still scarred from the ordeal

😀

Seggons
    Free Member

I thought that you had died, but this is much more cheerful!
    congratulations, hope they’re a bundle of joy.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

good luck make sure you wet the babies head, it seems to be a tradition thats lacking these days.

Agreed.

I did the wetting sat alone in bed at around 5am, listening to the birds outside and watching the early morning sun coming through the curtains, drinking a rather nice and rather large Provenance Distillery special edition Whisky that is saved for special occasions.

But good luck to all concerned – it is wonderful. But (if it is your first) hearing the first screams was what brought it all crashing home for me.

carbon337
    Free Member

Good luck with everything, it’s our due date today but nothing coming here yet. I’m Gona have to go to work tomorrow unless it gets a move on.

scotsman
    Free Member

“Whatever you do STAY AT THE HEAD END!!!”

And don’t look under the bed once junior has arrived!

Good luck!

tommid
    Free Member

Carbon337 we are 7 days off the due date.

So 8 hours in and contractions are about five minutes apart and still mild. Still a way off yet. Who will be up and on the forum at about 4-5am (maybe wishful thinking) when I get home and decide to wet the babies head???

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Just enjoy it, quietest it’ll be for a while I suspect.

mogrim

What mikey-simmo said, enjoy the peace while it lasts 🙂

Sell your bike now. Your not going to ride it for a year or two ——–>

Bollocks, no reason not to – just negotiate with your wife, I get 3 hours on a Sunday morning for my bike, you get 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon to go to the cinema with your friends… etc. (Obviously the first month or two will be different, but once you’ve got the hang of it…)

Sandwich

I’ll look in around then to see if it’s all over.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Agreed Mogrim – can never understand those posts. I was 7 months pregnant with my youngest when I bought my first mtb – first bit of ‘offroad’ (albeit gentle 😉 ) was a week after he was born and I haven’t stopped since 😛

All the very best to the tommid family – have fun! 😀

BillMC

Being at the birth of a child is one of the best things you’ll ever do.

bigG
    Free Member

Good luck to you both, having been in your shoes three weeks ago I know all too well what you’re going through!

Do stay at the head end, but sneak a peek when the head’s crowned, and cutting the cord is a surprisingly lovely thing to do.

Baby Amelia says good luck too!

ps you’ll be surprised how much riding you’ll get if you do your bit with nappy changes etc,

yossarian
    Free Member

I sneaked a look down into the engine room when my wife was in labour. I recommend staying at other end of the pitch.

philconsequence
    Free Member

any news?!

i wrote out a reply last night saying “i’ll prob be up at 5am, body clock seems to be liking that time at the moment” then deleted it as i thought indulging in whiskey at 5am before work wouldn’t be the best idea…. then BANG 4am on the dot i wake up and my first thought is to check this thread! took 20 minutes but finally got back to sleep.

hope everything’s ok!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Hmm who says it will be today? Mrs FD went in to Labour 3 days before junior FD came out.

I don’t get the not looking down there whilst its happening, its so devoid and surreal of everyday activites down that end that I found it an amazing thing to peek at every so often and beleive me what goes on down their in labour will not affect you in any further ventures.

Now if you get the chance to see your wife have a caesarean that is interesting to watch, seeing inside your Mrs and the baby popping out is some thing else!

Good luck but it may be a while yet !

Ps. After baby is born, go home and get plenty of sleep like you never have before and then remember what it feels like as it will never happen ever again 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘I am home early from work…. Guess why?’ is closed to new replies.