Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • I am bent!
  • sharki
    Free Member

It first occurred to me whilst stood there naked in the bathroom.
    I’d not really noticed anything different before, even though Surrounded-by-zulu’s told me a year ago whilst giving me a massage, saying, “You’re not very straight! Are you?”

I knew from what i’d put my body through over the years since the marriage break up, something would have to give.
    The turning point was that life changing night when i first went too hard into that dirty muck filled ditch and knocked the air from me and some. I didn’t consider the dangers, just a moment of madness, i even told Jambo and Will my intentions and they saw that look in my eyes that i was on a mission that night and safety wasn’t important.

So there i stood, all nekid like, casting a line down from my chin to my belly button and beyond, it was then i noticed it.
    My Belly button isn’t inline, i’m not Symmetrical.

So after 6 years of tearing my ACJ and collapsing a lung on that night, my body has bent over, twisting my spine. I can’t see my back, so it’s not apparent to me, till that is, i take a pee and see my wonky belly button.

So there yo have it, i’m bent.

Haa haa, you thought i was coming out, didn’t you?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You are most definitely bent.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hurt my back once.. as I hobbled to the bathroom I noticed that I was really very crooked indeed. That was cos of the injury though. I think my dad is a little twisted too, one morning I heard from the bathroom ‘One of my nipples is higher than the other!’

Esme
    Free Member

This thread is useless without . . . oh, wait a minute, I still remember “those” photos, so perhaps not 🙄

dropoff

I can take left hand switchbacks better than right after my neck set crooked when I cracked a vertabrae. probably means I can’t walk in a straight line either (although that might be the cider) 🙂

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I twisted some vertabrae out of alignment in a car accident when I was younger so have a slight twist to my upper spine.

I prefer to think of myself as crooked rather than bent. Sounds more sinister for a start…

yetidave
    Free Member

my worst mis-alignment was about 70mm…its been a hard few years. 🙁

GW
    Free Member

I knew from what i’d put my body through over the years since the marriage break up, something would have to give.

Would using your other hand for a while not sort it out?

sharki
    Free Member

THAT pic either predates the injury or was not long after it so shows little or no bentness.

Unless you mean the gold hot pants, gold boots and blonde wig photo, which shows total bentness.

GW, tried didn’t like it, felt like i was being assaulted.

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m lopsided too! My left shoulder is a fair bit bigger (wider and higher) than my right. You wouldn’t notice unless I was nekkid – an osteo I went to see noticed straight away and asked if I was a cyclist 🙂

I blame it on unsupervised weight lifting as a youngster. It’s probably reversible, but I’m too lazy to go anywhere near a gym….

mefty
    Free Member

So am I, because I fell off my bike in the US three years ago.

Hit the ground pretty hard, but fortunately my hip took the brunt of the hit, but the residual impact was still sufficient to break 7 ribs and collapse a lung. Whole upper body was shunted over but the majority was re-aligned though physio but there is still a residual effect. Still feel bruising on my hip.

clubber
    Free Member

Me too 🙂 I think it’s from having a slight curve in my spine anyway (had it checked when I was a kid, not bad enough to do anything about) and then 15 years of rowing much of which was on one side. I bend to the right fwiw.

Del

have to tell – you’re not that unusual. @ 20 my GF told me i was bent ( she was studying physio at the time ). a bit pi55ed in the pelvis. nothing new there then. 11 years ago i had bad back pain, saw an osteo, who noticed me being pi55ed, and noted sprained ankle @ ~ 8 years old as being the likely culprit, and manipulated me ( in good way ). no major problems since, fortunately. MTFU 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

But still pi55ed most of the time 😉

geologist
    Free Member

I love your posts,

Missing the birding ones though, Its migration time, any coming soon?

Your my fav STW ‘er

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

This thread is useless without . . . oh, wait a minute, I still remember “those” photos, so perhaps not

Yeah, best not to, this being a Family Forum an’ all… 😯

sharki
    Free Member

Or Shucks Geologist.

Birding ones? I can’t remember doing any of those’s, normally bugs i think. But yes is been a while.
    I did do one a couple months ago after sighting a Monarch Butterfly. It turned out to be the only monarch reported in the UK this year. Anyway as the thread remained comment free, i guessed everyone was fed up with nice posts and only wanted things to argue about, so haven’t bothered since.

I’ve still been spending alot of time with my head either in the clouds or in a hedgerow someplace, so the year has so far been very rewarding in terms of wild encounters, big and small.

Todays highlights were a flock of migratory Yellow hammers and a beautiful Kingfisher, flying close to and over the canal, in full sunlight, i can still picture it and it’s refection over the flat mirror like surface. It perched for a while but not long enough for me to get the camera out. 🙁 I’m now thinking of getting the Bike powder coated in Kingfisher colours, vibrant blue, over orange..Hmmm..

Here’s the Monarch, Just for you.

Elf. I’m up in That London next week. Perhaps i’ll get THAT image on a bill board for you. 🙂

geologist
    Free Member

Cool, nice one.

I saw a steppe Shrike only 10 miles from my house last weekend!

I remember your birding posts, 1, because im a secret twitcher, and 2 because i remember they were from near elgin, where i used to live.

🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

(Shudders)

I can’t look at pink thong without feeling really quite ill, Sharki. scarred for life. 🙁

When you here? Will you be needing liquid refreshment?

sharki
    Free Member

On tues and weds Elf. Not sure where and what free time i’ll get.
    I’m in a church or Mosque helping fit a light/sound system, or something along those lines. Will let you know tomorrow more details, like where the heck i’m going.

Geo’ Ah yes, i remember, no doubt some wittering about long tailed ducks, Mergansers, goldcrests, yellowhammers, teals, golden eyes and other such new to findings whilst in and around Elgin.

I’m now back in Somerset, and as the weather turns(if i ever will, still 15-17 degs) the wetlands will fill up and provide a much needed home for migratory birds, it’s been a fantastic year for berries, so plenty of food about. A Great grey Shrike was spotted down this way a few weeks back, which birders got excited about. I however just like all wildlife and can’t get obsessive about just one group of animals.

I’ll no doubt do a end of year write up on my highlights of the year in the wilds.

Happy Birding Geo.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just let us know Sharkster. We’ll sort something! 🙂

No thongs though, please….

geologist
    Free Member

Looking forward to it 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

Elf.

Seems i’m not quite in London. I’ll be in Felton this evening and most of tomorrow. Not sure whether i’ll even have any social time beyond 10pm.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘I am bent!’ is closed to new replies.