• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by dux.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I am addicted
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

to Freecycle.

Not getting things or giving them away but the mad posts.

Just read one from a woman wanting a tv/DVD because she has one but it only plays Peppa Pig. In fact she would like two if they are available.

Or the man posting asking for a vacuum cleaner. But it had to be an upright. And it had to be brand new.

Smartness.

maccruiskeen

Before the internet me and my brother used to buy adtrader and see what the cheapest, least useful thing someone had taken the effort to advertise

For what seemed like years on end, every week someone was advertisng “Small pot. would suit dumpling. 50p”

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My dad once rang up to enquire about a bin someone was advertising and asked if it was plastic or metal. When they told him, he just said ‘ahh, never mind, I wanted a (whatever it wasn’t) one’

As a 10 yr old I thought he was an inspired comedian. 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I don’t think that story translates well.

Cougar

Freecycle is a never-ending source of amusement for me.

“Wanted: Ferrari (must be red)”

sweepy
    Free Member

I gave away a hovercraft that someone gave me in the pub.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Then there was a bloke asking for a real Christmas tree before Christmas. I kept his ad and was tempted to reply after Christmas when we took ours down.

dux
    Free Member

On a similar note.. me an the boys on a busy friday afternoon in the pub, would often scan through the papers/loot. Anyone selling a front door would get the call,

Hi what number is it? or my fave, How big are the knockers?
    Comedy gold

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I am addicted’ is closed to new replies.