Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • hyundai ix35 1.7, dpf issues?
  • pondy
    Free Member

Anyone own on of these?. I brought one used from a dealer, had it about 3 months and I’m not sure if it carries out a dpf regeneration to often. I do around 18 miles a day on country roads to and from work, have used it a lot recently for motorway use, I have found every 80 or so miles it was carry out a regeneration, the instant fuel economy will drop from around 45mpg to 30mpg for around 15 miles. I expected it to need a regeneration around 300 miles? Don’t plan to have any other trips other than work for abit, I started to regenerate on way home but didn’t complete as was a short journey so I’m goito put up with 25/30 mpg till I go on a motorway trip.
    I took it to a dealer, all they did was drive it for 17 miles, check trouble codes and said its fine. Warranty runs out in October and worried I have something faulty causing the dpf to block prematurely

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Why would you “expect” a regen every 300 miles?

Completely dependant on how you drive, how big the DPF is, how the engine is calibrated and so on. And 18 miles a day (2×9 miles i guess) is *probably* right on the threshold of not far enough, especially if you are on country lanes (lots of on/off throttle).

Probably should have bought a petrol.

jamesoz

If it helps my transit does the regen at least once a day, I do between 60 and 500 miles a day. The upside is its the only time the engine doesn’t sound like a depressing dreary oil burner.

prawny

The Hyundai/Kia diesels have got a good rep for lack of dpf issues. Fwiw I had an i30 (1.6crdi so similar but not the same) for 4 years and I didn’t know what a dpf was back then, still didn’t know until well after I’d sold it, and we only pottered around in it. No issues at all with the engine while I had it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘hyundai ix35 1.7, dpf issues?’ is closed to new replies.