Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hydration Pack, Camelbak The Don or Dakine Nomad?
  • Lakes_Puma

Looking for a 3L bladder pack that will carry the usual plus pads and helmet, the above two seem to fit the bill and are available at pretty much the same price.

Any recommendations either way?

singletracksurfer

or Wingnut – my favourite 😉

Lakes_Puma

would a wingnut take pads and a full face helmet?

nickhart
    Free Member

osprey zealot looks nice can’t find one in a shop to look at though.

kimbers

i have a nomad, its tough and works well
    the bite valve it came with was pants though
    if anything it has too many pockets
    it carries pads well and does a reasonable job with the full face

i think you can get the don for quite cheap on jenson usa

doug_basqueMTB.com

The weak point of the Dakine, (ime/imho) is the bladder and the zips. I’ve not used that camelbak but the new camelbak bladder is a fantastic thing!

I’d also second the Osprey. I’m using their non-bike specific one (escapist) and it’s so well made and thought out. The shape is fantastic. I’ve seen a few different biking packs of theirs over the last few weeks (never seen one until this year), and they lok fantastic as well.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I’ve got a Don and like it a lot although its a bit heavier than it perhaps needs to be, not a problem when riding however – if you’re near a cycle surgery its worth taking a look as they had some 40% off last month.

Shackleton

After years of coping with camelbaks and their habit of making funny shapes when full I bought an EVOC FR 20L.

Best biking bag I’ve ever used interms of functionality, comfort and build quality. I was also impressed by Osprey. Camelbak come a long way down the list of bags I’d consider using now. Limited experience of Dakine but the ones I tried were very uncomfortable.

parling
    Free Member

have the dankie nomad its best bike bag ive ever had stores all ill ever need and i must find a new pocket every ride.

bite vavles good unless your really thirsty though

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I like my Evoc but my next one will be an Osprey Zealot.

Tom83

Had a nomad for about 3 years now. Use it for everything from all day rides to commuting to work. Had to bin the bladder as it went really manky when i forgot to empty it before going on holiday for a fortnight, but apart from that – comfortable, fits pads/helmets, all the zips are still working, loads of pockets, and the main compartment was big enough for work uniform and the days food.

When the time comes to replace it i reckon I’ll go for a Dakine again for sure.

Lakes_Puma

EVOC looks interesting but the lack of bladder will up the price a bit.

Also the Osprey looks good too.

These decisions are never easy 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hydration Pack, Camelbak The Don or Dakine Nomad?’ is closed to new replies.