Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Hurry hurry chips and curry
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

STW = Awesome!!!

glenh
    Free Member

There’s only 1 curry house in Bratford, and that’s the Karachi. And they do chappatis not naans.

The karachi has gone downhill recently. Well, the foods pretty much the same, but the price has gone up a lot.
    Now you can get better food for the same/not much more elsewhere.

woody2000

Karachi looks to have gone a bit up market – I can remember when it wasn’t much more than a cafe in someone’s front room. I had a sheep’s brain curry there (well, as much as I could stomach anyway!)

Kashmir always well regarded, you could always pop up to the poncey ones on Leeds Rd – Saffron etc 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I think you now pay about £5 for a main in Karachi, as opposed to £3.50, it’s hardly expensive. Although I miss the old price peg board things.

BigJohn

25p I think I first paid for a Karachi curry. In the Karachi Social Club, it was called then. You had to sign a membership which obliged you to go and fight if ever Pakistan was at war with India. I suppose that makes me a member of the Taliban or something.

Yes, sheep brains and sheep’s feet were on the menu. The brains were a bit like scrambled egg.

binners

Sweet Jesus! Its gone proper Yorkshire now

Aye, I bartered me first curry with some of me mums shiny beads. We didn’t have money in them days. They used to make t’curries out of dogs earlobes in them days too. We had t’sit oot on’t slag heeps in’t rain while we eat it to. And knives and forks hadn’t been invented yet…..

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

What’s the knives and forks for? no one in Bradford eats curry with knives and forks, that’s what a chapati is for. 😀

woody2000

Eat, what, actual food!? You don’t know you’re born lad. I never ate anything my entire life, ‘cept for scraps of the Telegraph & Argus soaked in drain water from t’Bradford Beck. And that was only on Sundays.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Is the punjab that one with the elephant outside? Omar’s, sadly, doesnt have an elephant, but more than makes up for it by having a number of very enthusiastic paintings of lady Di. Phil, I could make saturday if that’s any easier, save you taking the day off work. No offence to anyone north of the border, anyone’s welcome, but that’d be some drive for a curry.

philconsequence
    Free Member

saturday would make it extra special, it means i can drive to yeti’s then we can car share (he might even let me be in charge of his gear stick!) for the rest of the journey.

it it ok if we bring our crackpipes and any prostitutes we find on the way?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

No need phil, there’s prozzies and crack galore up here! I’ll get the wife to crochet you both some whoring mittens!

philconsequence
    Free Member

if you could see the grin on my face right now!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Right then, time to try and get organised (sadly, I suspect trying to arrange this will be like herding cats).
    Saturday the 26th of March, I’ve got room for about four at mine. Bradford (we can argue about which restaurant later, theyre all bloody good) at about seven, then back to mine to drink BOOZE and prod yeti with a biro until he snaps and attacks us up real nice! Sound like a plan?

philconsequence
    Free Member

222.8 miles from mine to bradford 😯

anybody want to lend me a car with cruise control?

binners

whoring mittens? 😯

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Any of you cheeky types from Hebden up for a right mucky curry? Yes Binners, whoring mittens. They’re quite the hit with Barnsleys kerb crawling community… I’ll fetch a pair to the restaurant for you. (mittens, not whores – the wife would be furious).

woody2000

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Is the punjab that one with the elephant outside?

No, it’s just a corner shop cafe, wouldn’t suprise me if Mumtaz had a few elephants outside.

The Sweet Centre on Lumb Lane is good, that’s where we’ve been going recently.
    I’m told the prozzies hang out around the bottom of Listerhills Rd and behind the Uni.

woody2000

I’m told the prozzies hang out around the bottom of Listerhills Rd and behind the Uni.

By the looks of my work car park every morning (Listerhills Science Park, behind the Uni), that is definitely the case. 😕

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Anybody fancy doing that thing… you know the thing with the bikes on Saturday afternoon?

Junkyard
    Free Member
    philconsequence
    Free Member

knitted bikes?

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

Aha at the poor guy who just wanted to make love to his bike and had his personal space intruded upon and ended up with 3 years Probation and Sex offenders Register!!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

I’m watching you type woman! get off the internet and knit me a beating suit!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You guys should’ve seen the orgy I had in your kitchen with ‘ebony and ivory carrera and my uppy downy on one…

philconsequence
    Free Member

our bikes had a threesome? so what you’re saying is my bikes no longer happy with me riding it… hence (and i’ll need to use this photo to show how epic it was) this crash:

(i thought it felt like someone had lubed it!)

mrsconsequence
    Free Member

Ah my bike is such a ho being the only female geometry in this sexual orgy… Least you’re in England TSY, might get the required mental assistance rather than 3 years Probation…

philconsequence
    Free Member

go get ready for your night out woman!! leave me free to enjoy the discussion of boobs with goatboyisheretopleaseyou… lovely tasty boobs.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah, I taught him that trick. Neat isn’t it.
    And MrsC… I promised her I wouldn’t say anything, but I’ve had a beer and it seems I’ve thrown caution to the wind and ignored the old ‘loose lips sink ships’ saying. I hope she’s still up for getting mucky on a weekend.

philconsequence
    Free Member

mrsconsequence has exited the internet to get ready for an evening of rock music and sweaty men and alcohol and stuff.

yeti, check yo facebook messages 🙂

i cant believe i made you porridge and scrambled egg toasted sandwiches the morning after…. if i had known what you’d done to our bikes!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Done and done… should do that more often… seems people arrange stuff on it and everything.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Hurry hurry chips and curry’ is closed to new replies.