Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • HTC Wildfire. Your Opinions Please.
  • PlopNofear
    Free Member

I’m thinking of buying a HTC Wildfire and was wondering if anyone of you guys have one. I’ve heard that overall it is good for its price but it has some problems like it is quite slow, the battery isn’t that good, the touch screen isn’t that sensitive.

Thanks

Creg

A mate of mine has one and he’s finding it is taking some getting used to after moving from an old Samsung keypad phone.

Overall he seems pleased with it though, says it is fairly easy to use although the battery life is quite poor and the touch screen can be fiddly at times.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

My wife has the wildfire and it can be quite laggy compared to my desire. Didn’t seem to slow at first but got worse as time went bye. I’d recommend the desire if you can afford it.

Eyepic
    Free Member

I find it OK but the camera is pooh… really pooh but it is OK as a phone.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Got one beginning of Jan.

Battery was v.poor at first but now seems to improve with every charge, can go 3 days between charges.
    Can’t comment about the lag as i’ve not had a smartphone before, g/f has a desire & it doesn’t seem too far behind tbh.

Touch screen seems ok to me, still getting used to the virtual keypad though.

Camera lens is fine, operating system is bloody awful though. My old Sony Ericcson K810i was far superior in this respect.

SaxonRider

I’ve had one for a month now, having had a Nokia 5800 before. I suppose it may only be in relation to the old Nokia, but I have found the Wildfire faultless for the price.

Obviously spending more and getting a higher-end phone will also mean getting better features, but as I am not generally given to phone-envy, I am really, really happy with the Wildfire.

Camera lens is fine, operating system is bloody awful though. My old Sony Ericcson K810i was far superior in this respect.

The K810i isn’t a smartphone, and doesn’t have an OS as such. It does some Java based stuff and that’s it

alanl6538
    Free Member

i’m really liking mine – desire is better but twice the price.

first “smartphone” i’ve had – better than i thought it would be – battery needs charged each night when using it frequently but i guess most smartphones would probably be the same.

no lag with mine

would recommend it for value for money terms – good deals around too

muddydwarf
    Free Member

ASR – i know the K810 isn’t a smartphone, the camera is far. far superior though.
    The only disappointment with the phone though.

chvck
    Free Member

I’m taking delivery of one on Monday, reviews and videos I’ve seen look good. My only criteria to Orange were that it had to run Android or not be a smartphone and not push up my payment amounts. Here’s hoping I’m happy!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

You could always try xda developers if you want to customize or speed up your phone. Custom rom’s are worth a look. Android is good but always better when some nerd has hacked it.

Cougar

The San Francisco (Orange) is better than the Wildfire and cheaper. I don’t know why they’re still selling it. If you want a cheap Android handset, get a San Francisco.

Flaperon

Also consider the Orange San Francisco, which offers much better hardware for less money.

Interesting attitude neilsonwheels to people who tend to do that sort of thing for little reward. I have no idea how to go about hacking ROMs other than the basics of actually installing them, but admire the people who do make it work.

Suppose if you fall off your bike you’re grateful to the tossers from the air ambulance charities who pick up the pieces. Just sayin’ but “nerd” has nasty connotations.

Cougar

Jinx.

Cougar

Apparently, the San Fran is £89 in Argos currently (or so I’ve just been told).

toby1

I’ve had one for a few months now; my first smartphone, yeah it isn’t amazing on memory intensive games like angry birds with loads of animation on, but it browses well and camera is acceptable.

For a first smartphone on a budget why not!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Flaperon…

Does nerd really have nasty connotations.? I mean really.?

Weasel
    Free Member

Had mine 2 weeks now, it’s the first smartphone I’ve had.

It’s not that great as it sometimes locks up, the swipe/open function seems to stick and the battery seems to last about a 1.5 days.

However, as I’m getting used to it I’m finding the apps very helpful for everyday things like tube delays, timing my off road routes etc.

Although running some of these apps is the cause of the battery life depleting….

Cougar

Does nerd really have nasty connotations.?

It’s generally regarded these days that “nerd” is derogatory and “geek” isn’t.

There’s a Venn diagram somewhere on the net which explains it, two secs and I’ll see if I can find it.

Cougar
    Squirrel

Had my Wildfire for a couple of months. Hate it. When my hands are cold I can only answer calls by wiping the screen with my nose as my fingers won’t register. When my hands are warm the screen is so sensitive I don’t even need to make contact with it: just putting my fingers close to it fires off random texts of jumbled letters. Probably like most kids really. This is just a small sample of the phone’s rubbish performance! 🙄

Cougar

Sounds like it’s broke, that.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys 🙂

kimbers

i like mine for the money cant complain, will take up to a 32gb microsd
    and ditto teh comments about battery life improving with time
    not as slick as a desire or an iphone but i like the fact that its a bit more compact than either

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘HTC Wildfire. Your Opinions Please.’ is closed to new replies.