Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • HTC Tattoo phone
  • gingerflash

Is there any good reason why i shouldn't get this phone? Anything wrong with it?

I don't have any special requirements. Just want a nice phone, bit of texting, some internet usage, some gadgetty, gimmicky apps to keep me amused to train journeys etc.

freddyg
    Free Member

Yes, there is one reason why you should not get it. The HTC desire is out now (on T-mobile).

Dylan08
    Free Member

One good reason, the price! Its a mobile phone FGS!

funkynick

Unless it's dirt cheap I'd probably go with one of the newer HTC phones… but it would do exactly what you want, and not heard anything particularly bad about it, apart from the camera, but that seems par for the course on smart phones these days!

It also looks like it may not be getting the latest 2.1 Android OS, which means you don't get multi-touch (pinch to zoom) and a few other things if that's important for you.

IA

It's not the multitouch I'd be worried about, rather the incompatibility (possibly) with new apps written for newer versions of android.

freddyg
    Free Member

Dylan08 – Member

One good reason, the price! Its a mobile phone FGS!

Dylan – the Tattoo can be had for nowt if you're upgrading. It's free on my £15/month tariff.

gingerflash

I'll be getting a £35 a month contract. Free handset (and PS3 too).

I fancy the Tattoo because it's not quite as big as the latest HTCs with their bigger screens.

Not too bothered about the quality of the phone. If I really care about a picture, i'll use a proper camera.

I was just wondering whether the logic of the menus and stuff is sensible and user-friendly or whethe r it's a pain like some phones I've had before. Never had an HTC before so don't know what they're like.

glenh
    Free Member

Reasons not:

Smallish low res screen (pain to type on and not as good for web surfing).

Resistive rather than capacitative touch screen (i.e. inaccurate no multi-touch and scratches easily).

+ points: Runs Google Android, which is the best mobile OS by far!

GregMay
    Free Member

I have one, find it grand, its pretty bounce proof too!

Cheap as chips too in Ireland

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘HTC Tattoo phone’ is closed to new replies.