Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • HTC Sync help please
  • Houns

Sorry for asking on here but I can’t find any answer on HTC’s website.

New phone, plugged into pc (which already had HTC Sync installed but unused for about 18 months), HTC Sync wouldn’t load and was showing that the phone wasn’t connected. Unplugged phone, removed HTC Sync and installed again direct from HTC’s website following full instructions to the letter. Plugged phone in, now showing connected down there V on my PC and “Synchronisation status” on the phone shows as connected. I click “sync now” on my phone and nothing happens. I click on the HTC Sync icon on on my PC, HTC Sync programme flashes up for a millisecond then goes off nothing else happens

Help!

Thanks

clubber
    Free Member

iirc you.have to tell it what to sync in options somewhere eg calendar, contacts, etc.

Houns

I don’t think it’s anything to do with my phone settings, it has to be my pc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

Never saw the point in it myself, when you can sync everything wirelessly with “the cloud.” What Clubber says sounds plausible though, it’s synced everything you’ve told it to sync, which is nothing at all.

clubber
    Free Member

houns – yes the setting is in HTC sync on the computer iirc

Houns

But the app is not loading up on my laptop at all – Won’t give me any options, it loads up for a millisecond then goes

Moses

Suggest that you delete the sync program, then reinstall.

Houns

Done that moses

markgraylish
    Free Member

Can you actually ‘see’ the phone in Windows Explorer and navigate the folder structure?

Frankly, I found HTC Sync un-workable with my Desire but it could have been (a) the drive being blocked by either my firewall or anti-virus or (b)you have to use ‘USB Debugging’ mode on the phone. Either way, it was never consistent and I gave up… 😳

Cougar

I’m sorry to say this but, have you tried turning it off and back on again? Seems HTC Sync requires a reboot post-install, but fails to prompt you to do so.

Failing that, uninstall it, reboot, reinstall it. Or throw it in the bin and sync with Google like god intended.

cranberry
    Free Member

With my Desire there are different options on the phone for how you want to connect it ( recharge only, sync, modem, etc, etc ). Check to make sure that you have the phone on the sync setting and not on one of the others.

Houns

Hmm after 40 mins on to HTC’s live chat tech support ( i had to go out ) it still won’t load up, just a millisecond on screen and in goes 😡

stuartm555
    Free Member

What’s the point in HTC Sync? Surely the great thing about android is that all the syncing happens wirelessly?

maycontainnuts

I had similar problem with my sensation, despite sync working with my previous hero and desire. I updated sync from the HTC website, didn’t work no matter what I tried. In the end I deleted all versions on my pc and used the version installed on the phone (set to disk drive and rip it off there). I didn’t even know it was on the phone.

Btw new to the forum, hope my first post is helpful.

Houns

Thank you and hello…Have tried that and still no joy..They reckon it’s some programme on my pc stopping it from opening but i can’t figure out what

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Have you tried turning off your antivirus?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘HTC Sync help please’ is closed to new replies.