Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • HTC Sensation….does yours work???
  • lodious
    Free Member

Had a Sensation for about a month now (upgraded from a Desire). Really like it, but the signal keeps on dropping out. I’ve done a bit of research and there are other people with the same problem, but not so many complaints that everyone seems to have the issue. Some people are talking about a ‘death grip’ butthe signal drops out even when holding it. It’s on Vodafone. I fitted a new Sim to see if that improved it, but no real change.

Anybody got one which works OK or got any info on how to sort it? I’d like to keep it if there is a fix, but otherwise, it’s going to have to go back.

croen
    Free Member

Hi there.

Yeah, mine works ok. I’ve heard the death-grip thing too, probably something to do with the back of the phone being the antenna.

I’m on Orange and based in mid-wales so not the best signal around here anyway, but I’ve not noticed any issues. My son has the desire HD and I would imagine he’d be quick to tell me if he was having problems.

To be honest, it’s more of an entertainment centre than a phone for me, to the extent that I get annoyed when people call me on it. Films, music, games, internet etc.

This is my second phone too, as completely immersing the phone in a mug of tea isn’t the best idea.

Have you tried the signal booster app? Hope this helps.

firestarter
    Free Member

Mine works fine

lodious
    Free Member

Thanks for the signal booster app idea croen, i’ll give it a go.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

On o2, no probs with mine.

stumpyjon

On O2 as well, no issues, been amazing after an iPhone 3G.

lodious
    Free Member

OK thanks for the positive reports, I’ll pick up an O2 sim and see if it’s better. Hope it is, as I really like the phone. 🙂

bruneep

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/HTC-Sensation/bd-p/11

Mine is currently away for “repair” as it keeps dropping signal. I suspect its the VF network rather than the phone.

I was advised to switch the phone to 2g 🙄

the booster is only good at home,not much use out and about.

lodious
    Free Member

Cheers Bruneep, looks like it is a Vodafone network compatibility problem. 🙁

Cougar

It’s on Vodafone.

This seems to be the common denominator on Android Forums. There’s a thread about it.

lodious
    Free Member

OK thanks for that Cougar…O2 it is then!

surfdad
    Free Member

No problem with signal on mine (T-mobile) but it does have a random error whereby pressing the home button takes a screenshot. I know it is supposed to if you hold down power and then home, but this is just using home on it’s own. Turning the screen off and back on again fixes it.

Anyone else had the same?

lodious
    Free Member

yup, i had that. I can’t remember how I stopped it, but it went away eventually. Think it was a feature introduced under the last s/w upgrade.

surfdad
    Free Member

Iodious – my issue or the OPs? Apologies to OP for hijack if mine!

And if it was my issue then clearly a sorry tale of an ‘upgrade’ that borks something …

surfdad
    Free Member

OK now I feel silly … you are the OP. In the words of Homer Simpson, doh.

Cougar

No problem with signal on mine (T-mobile) but it does have a random error whereby pressing the home button takes a screenshot. I know it is supposed to if you hold down power and then home, but this is just using home on it’s own. Turning the screen off and back on again fixes it.

Anyone else had the same?

There’s one or two threads about that problem on the same forum I linked to earlier ^^.

I’m stuck with paying over the odds for a Vodafone contract, as its the only one that works in my home/local area. It seems crap everywhere else though. Even in London. This is on a desire HD and Vodafone just fob me off with ‘smartphones have signal issues’ etc.

lodious
    Free Member

Surfdad, I meant your issue…it’s a new feature! :-)Nothing to worry about.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

i’ve got a desire s that does the same thing, it’s a real pain in the arse. I have a signal in my bedroom where I leave my phone to charge but about once a week on different nights it just looses signal. No idea why. One way I can suggest to help ‘pull the signal through’ as I see it is to keep ringing a number over and over until it starts to ring. Make sure you end the call before it starts actually ringing though because you can have some awkward conversations.

I’m sat in a pub now and my signal has gone from 5 bars to no bars and is now hovering at 1 bar. I haven’t moved.

lodious
    Free Member

Mine dies even if your talking, and it’s dropped out maybe 30% of the time. I never had any problems with my previous Desire (not S though). I have 3 months left on the Vodafone contract, so I guess I’ll have to put up with it until then.

lodious
    Free Member

I hope GrahamS isn’t reading this…smug factor will be off the scale 🙂

bruneep

Update:

I am being sent a replacement phone (refurbished) as mine was not deemed repairable.

Let’s see what that one is like.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Mine is OK, but on T-Mobile and you can roam to orange for free, so better network coverage.

Not sure if Vodaphone have a similar deal with other networks, but if so, may sure you have all the call and data roaming options ticked in settings.

bruneep

Update on the update.

VF in their wisdom have sent me 2 refurbished phones 🙄 😉

Cougar

£180 apiece on Fonebank.

lodious
    Free Member

Just to follow up on this, tried a T-Mobile sim in the Sensation at the weekend, and it looks like it works OK. Signal is still up and down a bit, but it doesn’t drop out for long periods like it does on Vodafone.

Vodafone suggested turning off 3G, this made no difference. Conclusion seems to me Sensation and Vodafone aren’t a good match.

Cougar

My understanding isn’t “Sensation of Voda” that’s the problem per sé, so much as it suffering from the software / fiddling they do to the handset.

Could be wrong though, not something I’ve explored in depth.

lodious
    Free Member

The phone was not Voda branded, so in my case, I don’t think that’s the problem (unless it’s the opposite, that Vodafone branded handsets are tweaked to work on the network?)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘HTC Sensation….does yours work???’ is closed to new replies.