Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • HT2 bottom bracket problem…
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Ive got a creaking noise coming from my bottom bracket area…to be precise 2 creaks on every full turn of the crank, whilst under load…Is this likely to be a new bearing or something less dramatic…(ive had the cranks out and given everything a good clean and re-grease)

Any ideas?

BF

spokebloke
    Free Member

Two creaks and two pedals – try greasing them.

kevonakona
    Free Member

make sure they are tight in (the bearings not the cranks).

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I find pedals tend to "click" when not quite right but BB's tend to creak. I had to regrease my XT SPD three days after I got it – annoying but been fine ever since.

zaskar
    Free Member

How long have you been the cranks with no noise?

Is it new?

Is it old?

BFITH
    Free Member

bike is only 6 months old….could be a pedal i suppose…but definitely sounds to be coming from BB….

tinsy
    Free Member

If its only creaking, with no play you might be able to salvage the bearings in it for a while at least (assuming it is the BB)

Use this guide to help you get to the bearings for a clean and re grease, you wont have to remove the bearings from the cups to do this, or the cups from the frame though it would make it easier..

http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=24:drivechain&id=35:shimano-hollowtech-ii-bottom-bracket-bearing-replacement&Itemid=9

luked2
    Free Member

Chainring bolts make that noise!

BFITH
    Free Member

Thanks guys…I'll have a 'proper' look tonight…..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Creaking is often dry/loose threads – regrease & tighten them.

myheadsashed

I've had exactley the same problem. I removed the cranks which had no play at all. and found the axle is being worn down by the non drive side bearing sticking. At this stage the cranks look salvageable but it would be an effing expensive creak if they had bee left any longer. 😥

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘HT2 bottom bracket problem…’ is closed to new replies.