Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hoy bike recall
  • jsinglet

Anyone else had an email:
    “Pinnacle and Hoy Hanger Safety Recall impacting 2015/16 Disc Brake models of:
    Arkose, Pyrolite, Dolomite and Shizuoka” ?

The email says there is a fault with some gear hangers that causes the rear wheel to slip.

Given I’ve been commuting on it for a year without issues I don’t expect it’s massively dangerous.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My guess is likelihood of incidence is small but impact is massive and I would get mine checked out if i had one.

Given the impact on brand image and the need for a few issues I would treat it as very real as I doubt any company does this lightly.

jsinglet

I’ll get it checked out, though have to go through local Evans store which isn’t the most efficient.

jameso

I just posted this in the Arkose thread, a few bikes use the same hanger so they were inclued on the list –

“It’s a ‘to be sure’ replacement. There’s some dropouts that haven’t been machined properly and when we looked at the possible affects of that in combination with a maybe a looser QR it answered why we’d had rear wheel moving in the dropouts reported, so it’s been acted on.

We decided to replace all dropouts because although we can trace frames by batch the dropout inserts aren’t supplied or made 1:1 with frames as it’s a part that other brands/frames use also.

I don’t want to undermine the recommendation not to ride the bike until it’s swapped out but for perspective if you’ve been riding it for a while with no issues it’s unlikely there is an issue, just to be clear and confident moving forwards we felt it best to get them all replaced and not to have to make judgement calls on the part detail. Apologies for any inconvenience though.”

breadcrumb

I got this too. Not done a massive amount of miles but no issues.

I’ll give Evans a call tomorrow, hopefully they can just post the replacement out.

jsinglet

Thanks, I’ve replaced the QR with a bolt up security skewers so that’s unlikely to come undone. I’ll give them a call tomorrow though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hoy bike recall’ is closed to new replies.