Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • how you doing thread…
  • nickf
    Free Member

I’m hugely lucky.

I’m well, thanks for enquiring. I no longer drink on school nights, and have replaced the glass of wine with an endlessly refulled tea mug. OK, this means that I pee like a horse, but it’s a damn sight better for me. Could do with being a stone lighter, and the reduced booze will probably help.

Kids are great. Our daughter’s 13 and so far is not a hideous bag of emo nerviness. She’s still talking to my wife and I, which is a big improvement on the relationship I had with my father at that age. Our son is 10 and a good laugh, though on the Xbox a bit too much for my liking.

Wife and I are fine. After our appalling 2007/8, things are solid, if a little frantic. Jobs mean we don’t do as many things together as we’d like, though we’ll be out to do Passportes again this year, and we’re off skiing in 2 weeks as well. Her job’s been looking rather doubtful for a year or so, but the company’s in no worse a shape than it was 12 months ago, so her job’s probably safe for at least the nest 12 months.

Best thing of all is that I now have two beautiful (well, to me at least) dogs. They’re annoying at times, and I have to be up at 5am to walk them, but they’ve improved the family life in general by a huge amount.

Life’s been good to me so far.

hora
    Free Member

Next peaks pootle I think is the 19th? Will check with pook

DaddyPig
    Free Member

Andy

Wow what a nice thread amongst al the bollox! Well since you ask:

Bad
    Hate the stress of my job which has been horrendous over the last 12 months and failed a new job interview miserably today.
    Very little cycling recently.
    I really hate winter!

Good
    Job stress is reducing massively as project moves to completion. Really love all the people I work with. Everyone is so caring and sweet.
    My dog; Beautiful Grey Sky (to use her posh name) has now been with me 6 months and is doing great. Really settled well and is becoming legend. She couldn’t run more than 200 yards without limping at first and now happily runs behind my bike for 8-10 miles.
    Oh and I’ve just built a new singlespeed (thanks ir bandito).
    And have booked a 4 week road trip in my campervan in the summer.
    Think its going to be a great year!

bassspine
    Free Member

Nice to be asked Philconsequence, thank you.

#1 son fine, goes mountain biking with his mates whenever he can YAY
    #1 daughter doing fine at university YAY

Wife found to be having affair with ‘friend’ last november BOO 🙁 so I’m now single at 48 yrs old…

What am I going to do next? Who knows? Is there an STW approved dating site?

cinnamon_girl

Jeez, about to pick up adult son from station and, guess what, he’s pished. Told him to walk up and down platform, not to sit down and fall asleep. He’s acting like a teenager again. 🙄

Oh and then he’s claiming hunger and, boy, can this guy eat!

Waves to Andy. 😀

bassspine – you need to speak to my buddy TheSouthernYeti. He’s the STW dating expert. 🙂

lowey

On a deep dark friday night, reading the positive posts here really do help guys.

I WILL post something positive in 6 months. Or I’ll die trying!

_tom_
    Free Member

Next peaks pootle I think is the 19th? Will check with pook

Nice one, I’ll keep an eye out for it 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

When is it? I’ve still never got round to riding in the Peaks.

@ Tom…..there was a clue to time and date in my post….see if you can spot it 😉

You want to come to the next Peaks Pootle Tom. Drove up to the last one and was a good crack. Plenty of chances to see people riding very slowly at any rate

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/peaks-pootle-feb-19th-white-peak

_tom_
    Free Member

oops 😆

Andy

Wave right back atcha c_g 😆 We need to catch up soon!

Lowey I used two of the Lakes routes on your Flickr site a couple of years ago and they were two of the best days riding I have ever done! Thankyou very much for that.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m glad this thread is still going 8)

willej

Thanks for asking Phil.

Good: Got a £1k bonus from work last week – whoop! Not had a rise for two years so better than nowt.

Bad: You know that jippy back I was winging about before the STW Swinley Sexy Party? Well it turns out I’ve herniated the disc at the bottom of my spine so I’ve got sciatica in my left arse muscles and leg. Typing this lying on my back on the lounge floor as sitting is **** agony. Doc says 3-6 months before it’s better. Got physio appointment on Wednesday so hope that helps. Its more annoying than anything.

Wife: She’s alright. Signed herself up for another half marathon in the summer but is having some issues with her knee, IT band we think.

Band: We’re in the studio in a couple of weeks for a long weekend to record four new tracks. Should be fun.

Positive vibes and hugs to everyone who’s having a hard time.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘how you doing thread…’ is closed to new replies.