Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • how wet was it today???
  • jedi

IMG_9651 by ukbikeskills, on Flickr

wors

very! Stood watching my lad play rugby in it too!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Jesus, dry and sunny up here in Scotland for the second round of the SXC…….having said that it was only about 6 or 7 degrees! 😯

jedi

the singletrack was actually like riding down rivers. so much fun and stoopid drifty 😀

tthew

70 solid darkside miles for me today. Wetter than an Otter’s pocket.

dantsw13

I always follow the streams on days like today – all the mud washed away = great grip!!

gwaelod
    Free Member

jedi

yep, ride the river

Radioman

Hi Tony Was that Broxbourne Woods? I did an indoor spinning session. First one I can ever remember doing on a Sunday in April…sad. I shld have got dirty, really. I admit i wimped out. When it’s very wet it’s ok as mud washes off…I really hate the sticky stuff, or grinding sand. The things u Showed me in the lesson last year have increased my biking fun by loads btw!

butcher

I went out in full waterproofs, head to toe, and still got wet.

Taff
    Free Member

Every downhill was a river every uphill a bog.

jedi

radioman. yep 🙂

Radioman

Just edited the above post to say tks for that session last yr. really helped my cornering and balance on the road bike too. My kids today turned my finely cut grass. Lawn into a mud slide! They decided that the weather wasn’t going to stop their fun too! They were running along and sliding down our sloped lawn…I’m going to have to get some sand and try to sort it out!

Davesport

Sun was splittin the trees at Laggan the whole weekend 8)

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

CyB gravity enduro for me today – GOD it was horrible. First time I’ve had brain freeze on a bike and hands got so cold I couldn’t feel my gear shifters / brake levers on one stage.
    Brilliant fun though.

Trekster

Mabie today;

14yr old grandsons 1st time on new berms, bike and only 2nd time at Mabie ❗
    Blue sky but a Baltic 6deg, dropping to 4 @ 5pm during a downpour/deluge when taking him home to Carlisle ❗

mattjg
    Free Member

Wettest ride I can remember down here in Surrey, but lots of fun if one met it head on – ie went straight through the puddles (small ponds…) not around them.

I was dry and comfy in a Montane Velocity jacket, army surplus goretex trousers, and a half-buff under the helmet.

I bought the trousers after a tip I read on here and they are a huge win, only 20 quid-ish from ebay, light, cool, brilliantly waterproof and long enough to overlap the top of my boots to reduce boot-water ingress. Big win. Buy a size up from normal to allow for restriction-free leg movement.

ononeorange

High 5, Jedi!

Unbelievably wet all weekend. Went out for 4 hours on Saturday (dressed for May as it is this week, ie thin shirt) and froze. I think I may have had a speck of dirt on my face as I stopped for two horse riders who both had fits of giggles as they came past. Good fun though, just wish I’d been warmer. Obviously wasn’t pedalling hard enough.

Not so good was the water pouring through the bathroom roof when I got back.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I recognise those planks in the first piccy 😀
    Bit more water than usual!

mattjg
    Free Member

Trousers: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Army-Surplus-GORETEX-Trousers-DPM-Camo-/160778498561

I’m a 32 inch waist and bought 34, worked very well over Lycra shorts.

My mate had 90 quid-ish Endura full on waterproofs, they were heavier and he was no drier or comfier than me.

HTH.

davidjey
    Free Member

No THAT wet at Afan, at least not in ‘water falling from the sky’ terms. Plenty windy tho – saw a tree surrender to the wind on top a hill whilst riding in the valley, turned corner to find the way blocked by two fallen trees a few metres apart. Turned back the way I’d come, only to see ANOTHER tree come down up on the hill 8O. Rode home avoiding anywhere heavily wooded as much as possible…

flange
    Free Member

Hylands Park Regional…the day I fell out of love with MTB…

kennyp
    Free Member

Here’s how “wet” it was in Scotland yesterday.

IMG_7510 by Kenneth Pollock, on Flickr

It’s the Corrieyairack Pass.

matt_outandabout
    trail_rat
    Free Member

was glorious at dunkeld yesterday in the taybank as i sat surfing the net while the others rode in the woods due to saturdays 20 mile walk **** my knees due to my cyclists hamstrings.

couldnt even walk yesterday for fear of snapping my hamstrings.

rode to work today after navigating the stairs with minimum pain – woulda been quicker on a kayak !

Paceman
    Free Member

Great fun this weekend, made me feel alive being out in the wild weather. 😀

bigdawg
    Free Member

this wet..

another hylands victim….

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Had a road ride on Saturday (working a route to avoid the massive headwind as best I could) and a look at the forecast suggested a circuit of the Northern Carneddau on Sunday would be best completed before 10 a.m. The final half hour was getting a bit grim but it was good to get a few hours in before the storm properly arrived mid-morning!
    Saw one fell runner and his dog!

ahwiles
    Free Member

how wet was it today???

very, massive puddles everywhere!

MarkN
    Free Member

Well it looks like everyone has been wishing for rain to end the hose pipe ban, and they all came true at the same time. 😆

Dry here but last week was damp.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Properly wet weekend in the Midlands!

Riding through floodwaters in the Severn Valley on Saturday followed by a very wet and muddy Racer’s Guild at Stile Cop on Sunday.

Soooooooooo much fun sliding about in the mud!

Midlandstrailquestgraham braving the floodwaters…

Swampy finish for timed practice at Cannock:

matt_outandabout

ahwiles – I think I saw you! I spent 20 mins on phone calls overlooking the loch, and watched a green MR paddling about….

ahwiles
    Free Member

there were a few of us, … 4 boats in total.

loch voil to (checks map…) loch lubnaig?

the open loch (lubnaig – above) was hard work into a head wind, but the twisty bit of river before was lovely and the rapids* after lubnaig were great fun!

it seems that boats are like bikes, my girlfriend says we ‘need’ at least 5 of them…

(*i say rapids, my girlfriend says ‘hardly’ – but i am new to all this 🙂 )

matt_outandabout

Aye, riffles not rapids….Twas a lovely day. I was in Landy with box trailer on with ‘Live the Adventure’ emblazoned on it…

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘how wet was it today???’ is closed to new replies.