Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • How to stop joggers nipple?
  • fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

I seem prone to joggers nipple what is the cure ?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I can see a few options.

Stop jogging. Failing that:
    Remove your nipples.
    If both of those are too extreme, try a different Tshirt material, or protect them with plasters.

But surely those are obvious enough for you to have tried them already, so sorry, not help really!

Divagirl
    Free Member

Vaseline?

couby
    Free Member

get a dab of vaseline on them. Plasters are also good, but smarts when taking them off if you've got a hairy chest- ouch!

donsimon
    Free Member

+1, +1 vaseline, works a treat.

lookmanohands
    Free Member
    fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

tried plasters ouch vaseline seems ok but does not always work should I buy a dedicated running top?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Tasels, works best if you go topless so they flick about in the wind and titillate the general public.

samuri
    Free Member

Plasters are best. Even the silky base layers didn't help mine. Just get big plasters and slap 'em on. By the time you finish the run your sweat will have loosened them up a bit.

When you pull them off don't mince about it, get a firm grip and make sure you rip it off all the way in one go. It's just like getting a wax I guess except a bit more painful.

Nezbo
    Free Member

I have the same problem when doing a long ride…

I use plasters, but it is only a problem if it is hot and the ride is more than 30 or 40mi

nicko74

Another one for bodyglide here. People snigger at the name, but it's fantastic. Doesn't make a mess of your clothes like vaseline can, either

rhys_gibby
    Free Member

Juat use gaffer, it'll be fine, and a roll will last you years!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Cut up Tubeless tyre and stan's?

Dibbs
    Free Member

I seem prone to joggers nipple what is the cure ?

Breast reduction surgery.

toby1

Merino base has been working for me for ages now.

FuzzyWuzzy

Vaseline works but you end up with greasy patches around the nipple area on all your baselayers :p Best I've found is a bit of vaseline then a bit of sellotape over the top, these are conveniently sized… http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=27524329

MrNutt
    Free Member

gaffatape a cumberland sausage to each breast?

Xylene
    Free Member

You have nipples???? 😯

clubber
    Free Member

Since no one's suggested it yet – micropore tape, available from Boots, etc – the 1"ish wide version – removes easily enough (unlike plasters – ouch!) but sticks in place – so long as you press it firmly on when applie (which may look funny!) 🙂

muddy_bum
    Free Member

A sports bra?

coffeeking
    Free Member

You have nipples????

You don't?!!!!

skidartist
    Free Member

You don't?!!!!

Not since he took your advice CK 🙂

Tricone
    Free Member

I am a bit ignorant about such things but is joggers nipple just a male thing?

clubber
    Free Member

On the basis that most women wear bras, presumably their nipples don't get rubbed while running/cycling… (sounds dodgy doesn't it…)

steve-g
    Free Member

I only suffer from this when it's cold so my gf bought me a super tight lycra-esque themal top from lidl last winter, I wear that under a t-shirt (branded or otherwise) and that does the trick in preventing the joggers nipple. Prior to her buying me the top I had drawn blood on my two previous runs as it was freezing.

The added bonus is that without the t-shirt over the top you look like a super hero which can only be a good thing.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

As Steve-G says, a super tight base layer helps, the movement of the fabric against the nipple is a big problem.

I use some cheap Helly Hansen Lifa base layers, plus vaseline, be aware when used regularly the vaseline will stain lighter coloured tops giving the impressio0n that you are lactating 😯

Might look at that bodyglide stuff as an alternative though, although bog standard vaseline is cheaper and comes in massive tubs that last nearly forever, and I'm only 1/4 way through my current vaseline tub. They'll probably have stopped making Bodyglide by the time it runs out!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Stop jogging?

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

just get some of that micropore tape stuff from Boots, used for taping bandages etc. comes off easy once you're done too.

Alcopop
    Free Member

yep vaselines the thing for it

D0NK

It's just like getting a wax I guess except a bit more painful.

Are you claiming admitting to having first hand knowledge of waxing samuri?

FuzzyWuzzy

I didn't find tight baselayers helped for me, I certainly wouldn't go out and buy some in lieu of using tape…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Can you not use anti chaff cream for the rear on the nips?

Divagirl
    Free Member

A dab of sudocrem also works wonders on sore bits 😉

Divagirl
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    On the basis that most women wear bras, presumably their nipples don't get rubbed while running/cycling… (sounds dodgy doesn't it…)

Alas, not true, even for those with er, boyish figures 😥

clubber
    Free Member

I stand corrected! Guess women just don't talk about it then 😳

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

All good advice I think I shall try the full range of options.However a sports bra and vaseline seems strangely tempting.

sor
    Free Member

I only suffered this after using a new, proper running top (as opposed to any old t-shirt) in the rain.

Used Vaseline to repair the damage and use plasters to avoid it happening again.

chewkw
    Free Member

LOL @ "joggers nipple" … that's the first time I have heard it. I will observe next time …

Well the answer is simple. Stop jogging/running 😆

Divagirl
    Free Member

clubber
    I stand corrected! Guess women just don't talk about it then

We do talk plenty haha probably just with other wimmin tho !! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘How to stop joggers nipple?’ is closed to new replies.