Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How tight?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Are your road shoes? A seemingly never ending saga for me, ordered some 43 giro trans and thought before took them out the box they looked small. Feel neat but can’t decide if too small? Have ordered the 44s to try, no doubt they’ll be too big. Had Shimano and got Northwaves never felt either were that great a fit but also can’t tell until get out on the bike, once I find something I’ll be buying them by the boxload.

njee20
    Free Member

Very similar to non-cycling shoes… Wouldn’t say tight.

fontmoss
    Free Member

I thought you might say that. They feel better with the lower arch support, if 44 doesn’t work then I’m giving up.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Strange this as I have some Specialized which feel great when you put them on but by the end of a road race feel too loose and if you tighten them up it feels like a compromise.

Bought some Sidi Ergo 2’s a while back which feel way too tight when you put them on (to the point you think they are the wrong size) but after about 10 miles they feel miles better and literally dont think about them again, even at the end of a race -no hotspots, nothing.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Always though Northwave were for wide feet – I cant get on with them. Any Shimano I have had have always been on the small side, tight and with a small toebox, albeit havent purchased any shimano for 5 years.
    Sidi are narrow (but wide are available). Just feels like road shoes differ massively and possibly wise to stick to a brand once you know that they tend to fit.

thomthumb
    Free Member

my specialized 43 road shoes feel a size smaller than my specialized 43 mtb shoes.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tighter than a whales arse

fontmoss
    Free Member

Next thread: How tight is a whale’s arse?

TheDoctor
    Free Member

My road shoes are the same size as my mtb shoes, both Sidi, both super comfy.

regarding the OP here’s a though [not rocket science] buy shoes from your lbs then you can try them on first [/not rocket science]

fontmoss
    Free Member

Here’s a thought-my lbs doesn’t stock them

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How tight?’ is closed to new replies.