Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • How technical can it get around the cotswolds?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Just been watching the sweary northerners latest video and now want to go and find the most technical riding near me. Anywhere from bristol up to south of birmingham, East Wales over to the M1. What is there that I can throw myself down? May consider cheeky trails if it comes down to it.

Stoner
    Free Member

Y Das or Rhiw Trumau

Black mountains.

mboy
    Free Member

Get yourself down the forest of dean with someone to guide you, you won’t be disappointed.

amt27
    Free Member

Get yourself down the forest of dean with someone to guide you

😉

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Damn it I was at the first today! Only messing about on the DH trails though. I definitely need to learn more trails etc over there though. I’ll check those out too Stoner, ta.

rOcKeTdOg

Isn’t this technical enough!

the cotswold way by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 for Black mountains but wouldnt rate it technically. Cwm carn and Afan runs would be more technical than FOD. Quantocks gas some cheeky downhill stuff. Most is doable just depends how fast you do it 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

Some of the slow tight twisty stuff through the trees at Triscombe on the Q’s will have you using your piles as a rear brake and praying to the gods of front tyre traction.

oxforddan
    Free Member

I would be interested to find some more technical riding . y das and the descent down to the monestry are very good but the black mountains are quite a drive from here. Are there any cotswold trails that are rocky , steppy ? would make a nice change from the gloopy clay ! cheltenham or gloucester area ?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Get a road bike?

How about a trip to Aston Hill OxfordDan?

oxforddan
    Free Member

Road bike ? would you really want to see me in pink lycra ! Aston hill is probably like an ice rink at the mo . Black mountains would be good if the weather holds. Im just waiting on delivery of gps unit 🙂 . Any one on here got any routes a bit more local to cotswolds ?

titusrider
    Free Member

south cotswolds: pipehouse nr Bath. pictured here:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/2-hour-ride-from-bristol-city-centre

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Aston hill is probably like an ice rink at the mo

LOL… should make it a bit of a technical challenge then, no?

tollah
    Free Member

Cwm carn and Afan runs would be more technical than FOD

Lol, you don’t know where to ride in the FOD then 😉

There’s nothing much technical in the Cotswolds

oxforddan
    Free Member

Tollah – fancy showing me and tsy around the FOD some time soon ?

tollah
    Free Member

Yeah, email in profile. Busy diary coming up so best to sort something out on email?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

exactly rocketdog… theres some delightful riding about but for truly scary stuff I haven’t seen much about.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Try a couple of the trails of lecky NR Cheltenham they can be quite scary.Y-Das is good even better going up but that was on a Gasgas EC200 in the snow.FOD has great trails but not scary less you want to jump of Symonds Yat into the WYE?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Pretty darn technical, I once had to find the shortest distance between two points in non-Euclidean space.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Pretty darn technical, I once had to find the shortest distance between two points in non-Euclidean space.

What tyres did you use?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Lecky is all a bit easy if you want technical stuff really. They are some good DH trails but not anywhere near some of the natural stuff in the lakes etc.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

but what tyres for FOD gnare?

TheBrick
    Free Member

What tyres did you use?

Bonty Mud X

trailmonkey

ain’t nothing technical down south

pics by slugwash

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Lecky is all a bit easy if you want technical stuff really. They are some good DH trails but not anywhere near some of the natural stuff in the lakes etc.

True, but then again this is the cotswolds 🙂 For 100m of descending there’s some fun sketchy lines there

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Trailmonkey, that down exmoor way or something? looks fun. And don’t get me wrong ooOOoo, lecky is great but I ride there fairly often and wouldn’t mind trying something new.

trailmonkey

east dartmoor 8)

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘How technical can it get around the cotswolds?’ is closed to new replies.