• This topic has 30 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GW.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • How often do you ride?
  • Jezkidd
    Free Member

I’ll go first:

Twice a week, 1 nighttime ride usually on Tuesday and a longer ride on Sundays. Usually more in
    The summer

What about you?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

None at the minute, only one bike and it’s currently waiting on parts.

Good start ha!

therealhoops
    Free Member

ditto “None at the minute”, I have needy kids who don’t sleep, gggrrrr.

does anyone ride anymore?

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Most days now, weather permitting as I am living the dream 8)

VanHalen

well i commute 30mins 2 days a week. then a big ride/mess about in the woods maybe twice a month. and an hour or so on the back garden pump track once or twice a week. seems alot but isnt.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Turbo trainer twice a week in the evenings, race or ride both days at the weekend.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Not as much as I’d like. I end up with plenty of free time, but nobody to ride with/ nowhere to ride. Pretty much every day in the summer though.

mooman
    Free Member

Big roady ride Saturdays, 70-100miler
    Social mtb ride Sunday morn, 20+miler
    2-3 rides in week, on either roady or mtb

this can alter dramatically depending on weather…
    Weekday rides have been 20milers on the turbo trainer this week.

thered

Once a week

pedalhead
    Free Member

Nothing at the moment due to a hernia op I had two weeks ago…climbing the walls I am!

Apart from that, I’ve stepped up my riding a lot since June with a long term goal in mind….2 early morning 20 mile off-road rides, one evening ride with mates, 3 turbo trainer sessions, one big all-day ride.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Commute 40 mins each way 4 days a week.

At least one good ride off road at the weekend, sometimes with another 2-3hrs pootle in the local woods too

monksie
    Free Member

Commute Monday to Friday. Mountain bike ride in the Peak District early every Saturday and usually a 3-4 hour road ride on Sunday

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Most days a few miles around town – commuting or errands, probably 6 times a month “proper” offroad rides 20 – 45 miles each time occasionally less or more

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

every tuesdy night bigger ride 15-20milers (regardless of weather), and most thursday nights localish 10-15miler plus (if weathers shite i dont bother)…sundays bigger ride (20 mile plus anywhere i fancy)….

seems to work for me, at a pretty decent level of fitness from it too, and doesnt make me too tired!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

For the last 3 or so weeks, only Friday afternoon, saturday and sunday. I am awaiting the arrival of a bike light so I will be able to ride after work.

Then hopefully

1.5 hours (30miles ish) monday eve
    1.5 hours (30miles ish) wednesday eve
    1.5 hours (30miles ish) friday eve
    saturday
    sunday

Probably wont happen but thats generally what i rode over summer.

rOcKeTdOg
    nickname
    Free Member

About 2hrs a day commuting, but nothing at the weekend lately 🙁

richmtb

Commute most days, 12ish miles a day, try and ride every weekend off-road too, even if its just an hour sliding round the local woods

jimster
    Free Member

Whenever she lets me….

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Minimum – 3 times a week.
    2x 13 miles not very severe terrain
    1 x approx 17 miles night ride with some very severe terrain.

Often ride at the weekends too. And run twice a week. And do weights twice a week.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

At least for a half day every weekend. Wish I was in circumstances where I could do more really.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Supposed to be,
    Mon-42k commute.
    Tue-60-70k offroad
    Wed-40k nightride
    Thu-42k commute
    Fri-42k commute
    Sat-Rest (maybe Bmx park session)
    Sun-22k Cyclocross Race.
    A dose of the flu and a seperated shoulder has interrupted this a bit lately but not too far off.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

twice a week usually.

One or two night rides, if only one maybe few hours Sat/Sun depending on family stuff

depth-junkie
    Free Member

2 or 3 times a week, all on a mtb off road. As i live in wrexham it is normaly tuesday black run in llandegla, followed by wed night ride again round llandegla on either the black or red route. Then if i am not working on sunday i will go to the likes of penmachno or cyb etc. If im working the weekend i will go upto llandegla after work on sunday for a quick blast round the red or black.

thomthumb
    Free Member

4 days a week commuting.
    1 week night on the mtb
    1 weekend ride

recently i have commuted to work and not riden much else 🙁

jobs for this weekend – fix the mtb, so i can ride again 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

six days a week with one day (usually Saturday) just riding to the shops and pub.

Commute five days a week mixture of road /off road depending how I feel, milage varies. Religously ride off road every Sunday, weekly milage between 75-85 every week. Also fit in a bit of swimmming /running and PT as well.

Kev

ourmaninthenorth

Pre baby:

Mon-Fri – commute. Agg mileage, 170 miles.
    Sat – chaingang. 50 miles.
    Sun – club run. 50-100 miles.

Post baby:

Tues-Fri – commute. Agg 136 miles.

Which is why I am fat and slow these days.

preddall
    Free Member

Weekly 🙂

tony24
    Free Member

thursday nights usually a road or offroad ride around 20 miles as a very quick pace.

Saturday 30 miles offroad ride.

tuesday,wednesday and sunday morning 1 hours of singles badminton.

superfli
    Free Member

Once at weekend, and an eve ride Wednesday.
    Would love to do more, but commitments with the family take precedent.

GW
    Free Member

I ride a bike most days, some days I’ll ride 3 or 4 different bikes but if I CBA I might not ride for 3 or 4 days.

Can’t believe how rigid some of your riding scedules are (actually I can 🙄 )

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘How often do you ride?’ is closed to new replies.