Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How often do you replace carbon handlebars?
  • deluded
    Free Member

I have an Easton EC70 handlebar that has been on the bike for five years – they are unmarked and for all intents and purposes still in good serviceable condition. I have no problems with carbon but the material doesn’t tell a story about its structural integrity – should I replace them?

pjm84
    Free Member

I retire carbon frames after 5years. Only one frame has made it. I’ve broken 6.

GJP
    Free Member

I will replace mine when they break. Same here on the bike for the last five years, but no major offs (touch wood)

NewRetroTom

I’ve just retired some Easton Monkeylites – just after their 11th birthday. Still fine. Replaced with Carbon Havens.
    Have snapped a pair of Truvativ alu bars on another bike in the meantime..

smell_it
    Free Member

I’ve got the same bars but mine are 6 years old, should I replace them. I tend to swap my carbon road race bikes every 3 years or so, but that’s more about being lucky enough to be able to do so. Only broke one carbon road bike, but that was after I stuffed the wheel in a pot hole taking evasive action. So really it was the alu wheel that broke and collapsed resulting in the forks being driven into the ground and breaking, I think they would have broke had they been steel or alu. I’ve broke 2 steel and 2 alu frames over the years. Perhaps I should replace my Soul 😀

prettygreenparrot

Replace them when you’re bored of them. Mine are still on the Sub 5 after about 11 years.

deluded
    Free Member

I will replace mine when they break

That’s what I want to avoid when I’m careering / buffooning down some rocky single-track 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How often do you replace carbon handlebars?’ is closed to new replies.