Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How much mileage allowance do you get?
  • mudshark
    Free Member

Ours has finally gone up from 25p/mile – to 35p. Friends seem to mostly get 45p I think, is that normal?

uplink
    Free Member

Own car I take it?

Our lot pay the approved rates
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/travel.htm

Drac

56p per mile unless it’s training then it’s 25p per mile for a 2 litre car. Because everyone know training fuel is cheaper than normal.

mudshark
    Free Member

Own car – though they say our salaries include an element for a car which is their excuse for a lower mileage amount.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Currently 40p….. but dragging management kicking and screaming up to 45p as we speak….. 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

Own car – though they say our salaries include an element for a car which is their excuse for a lower mileage amount.

I don’t buy that, loads of places give a car allowance and then approved rates – ours do

You will be able to claim the tax back on the difference between what you get and the approved rate

momo

45p for first 10k miles dropping to 25p for the remainder, although I won’t go over 10k.

mudshark
    Free Member

I don’t buy it either – especially as I don’t think my salary is that much higher than it would be if I got a car. Funny thing is they claim mileage from clients at a higher amount (60p I think) and just keep the difference.

Legoman
    Free Member

17.5p a mile for 1st 10k, then 25p over 10k.
    That’s on top of car allowance.

Plus the tax you can reclaim if your company pays below HMRC maximum rates

Gary_M
    Free Member

Approved rates here on car allowance.

geoffj

Whatever the hell I like (45 per mile to keep HMRC and my accountant happy)!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

17p per mile plus £5k per year paid monthly and taxed.

Luckily I am also allowed to fly and get trains / hire a car at the other end.

Spud

Back to 40p/mile after they put it up immediately to 45p/ mile after the budget. Dramatic u-turn with no explanation. So we’re running our own cars for the public good and we’re not seeing an increase despite the rapid rise in costs.

toppers3933
    Free Member

44ppm in the car. 20ppm on the bike

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

45p for first 10k miles dropping to 25p for the remainder, although I won’t go over 10k.

Same as me, except I’ll probably do 15,000.

I make a LOT of profit on that, even after running the car. 🙂

ebygomm
    Free Member

I think i get somewhere about 55p, more than the allowance (we’re taxed on the difference) but seeing as I do about 100 work miles a year, I’d prefer a pool car so I didn’t have to take my car to work at all. I’m not sure what I get even covers the cost of adding business use to my insurance.

wallop

I get 16p per mile (I think) plus £7.5k car allowance.

iain1775
    Free Member

19p per mile just up from 17p which it was for over 10 years
    All you people on over 45p a mile – public sector workers?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How much mileage allowance do you get?’ is closed to new replies.