Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • How much is this banger worth!!
  • tails
    Free Member

I don’t know much about cars and my checks on ebay and autotrader have proved a bit inconclusive.

Link to photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrew-taylor/6986546530/in/photostream

I have owned the car for around 1.5 years but only used it for a year, the car has 12 months MOT and 6 months tax, brakes and rear tyres have been changed in the last 6 months.

The dent is from when I failed my first driving test and kicked the car in frustration. It is noisy on the motorway and the accelerator is sticky in lower gears, acceleration is also a bit jumpy if you are in a hurry.

0 to 60 in about half an hour lol!

74,500 miles currently and I think it has a FSH, at least that’s what the last owner said and I have kept all receipts. Interior is in good condition.

Anyway, what do people think.

djglover
    Free Member

probably the cost of the tax, brakes and tyres. whats that couple of hundred.?

tails
    Free Member

Tax £75, Brakes £200, tyres £100 😆

tails
    Free Member

If anyone knows, how do you fix a sticky accelerator?

Murray

Generally pull the mat or carpet out of the way

Suggsey
    Free Member

Replace the frayed accelerator cable!

landcruiser
    Free Member

How much fuel is in it ? 🙂

spooky_b329

The dent is from when I failed my first driving test and kicked the car in frustration.

That was a kick? Looks more like someone took a baseball bat to it!

rogg
    Free Member

What year is it?
    If it’s got tax and MOT, some teenager, flushed with excitement at passing their test, will be only too keen to hand over £400 for a low-insurance, only slightly kicked runabout, and unless they’ve got their dad with them, probably won’t notice the mechanical faults.

tails
    Free Member

That was a kick? Looks more like someone took a baseball bat to it!

LOL! I was angry, driving tests are expensive!

How much fuel is in it ?

Half a tank.

Cable you say, like on a rear mech. . . wanders off to bike tool box! 😀

Northwind

Suggsey – Member

Says it only happens in lower gears so maybe not.

alfabus
    Free Member

you certainly do have a lot of micro machines!

djglover
    Free Member

Bad taste in leather jackets. Or maybe not anymore 😉

Northwind

Ring Raiders!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Fill it with fuel and double the value.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Fill it with fuel and double the value

But not what you could sell it for..

tails
    Free Member

you certainly do have a lot of micro machines!

Sold for about £4.60!

Bad taste in leather jackets. Or maybe not anymore

Sold for £60!! Not so much the style that bothered me, an awful fit though!

trail_rat
    Free Member

ha i got offered one of them for free last year when my mrs mazda died.

only difference was id duct taped up the bumper for the previous owner.

whats the chassis look like ? those Kas are notorious for rusting to nothing on chasssis and the sills

nealglover
    Free Member

Get a heat gun on those horrible grey bumpers and make them look half decent again.
    Give it a bit of a polish.
    Get the interior spotlessly clean.

Sell it to a 17 year old with on their way home from the Test Centre for £600.

tails
    Free Member

Get a heat gun on those horrible grey bumpers and make them look half decent again.

Tell me more?

whats the chassis look like ? those Kas are notorious for rusting to nothing on chasssis and the sills

I think it is fine it had a small bit welded o the drivers door sill, I don’t think they are quite as notorious as your saying as Ford have sold millions of them.

nickjb
    Free Member

A bit of oil is better IMHO as it’s losing oil that makes them go grey. A bit of boiled linseed oil, thinned down with thinners or spirit works well. Be careful not to get it on the paint and wipe it straight off with a damp cloth if you do. It’ll have them looking like new and add a £100 for 10 mins work.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“whats the chassis look like ? those Kas are notorious for rusting to nothing on chasssis and the sills

I think it is fine it had a small bit welded o the drivers door sill, I don’t think they are quite as notorious as your saying as Ford have sold millions of them. “

that may be – how many do you still on the road ? the one i was given looked worse than my 25 year old land rover underneeth !

tails
    Free Member

A bit of oil is better IMHO as it’s losing oil that makes them go grey. A bit of boiled linseed oil, thinned down with thinners or spirit works well. Be careful not to get it on the paint and wipe it straight off with a damp cloth if you do. It’ll have them looking like new and add a £100 for 10 mins work.

Like woodwork! I think I have some linseed oil.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘How much is this banger worth!!’ is closed to new replies.