Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How much is it worth – 1998 Orange Clockwork
  • TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Friend wants rid of his Orange Clockwork. He is not into internet so has asked me to sell it for him.

I have little to no interest in old bikes so havent got a clue what it is worth and dont want to muck people about.

So its a 17.5" Orange Clockwork. Its in good condition and although he has changed out the original stem and forks he actually still has them so they can be included. Atm it has Marz Z4's fitted. He has also swapped the saddle but still has the original saddle with orange stitching.

I dont want to start an auction but this thing is a nice bike and i dont want to tell him its worth £100 when its more likely to get £300 with a bit of work.

Any advice appreciated

sofatester
    Free Member

Picture(s)?

4ndyB
    Free Member

Depending on condition it could be worth anywhere from £150 – £300 (with all the original bits back on it & a good clean up)

bought a '98/99 10th anniversary 17" Clockwork from eBay for £225 earlier in the year, not original spec but in good working order (forks were borked though)

Pic from eBay advert:

Current spec:

tang
    Free Member

i sold that same frame only on ebay for 130 a while back. might get 250 complete these days in good nic? ebay is the place to put it.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Does that mean my (assumed valueless) spotless 1997 Stumpjumper (fully rigid, steel, upgraded drivetrain – LX HT2, etc) might be worth something?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Does that mean my (assumed valueless) spotless 1997 Stumpjumper (fully rigid, steel, upgraded drivetrain – LX HT2, etc) might be worth something?

I would have thought it will not be worth as much as a Clockwork which was THE bike bike in the day and is still a beautiful looking bike.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Yes it might be worth a few bob

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Thought it was worthless. Oh well – saves me having to try and get it back off my dad who loves it!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Think this is a 10th anniversary model too. It isnt the green though its the classic white with ornges all over it.

After looking at yours i am tempted to give it an update and keept it for myself. Whats it like compared to current steel frames? I have a pipedream sirius

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Just done a search for 10th anniversary models and yours came up 🙂

mattstreet

Bought one of these built up as a singlespeed about 3 years ago for the grand sum of £80 😀 I think I got it for a very good price (wouldn't part with it for anything now) and the amounts above are more like it – I might even know someone who would be interested…

4ndyB
    Free Member

I love my Clockwork, as for how it compares to a modern steel frame I don't know as I've not ridden a modern steel frame, the Clockwork is the most modern steel frame I have.

The classic paint job might be worth a little more than the green one. I bought the green one as it's a little different.

Well worth keeping & doing up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How much is it worth – 1998 Orange Clockwork’ is closed to new replies.