Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How much does Mark Cavendish earn?
  • franksinatra

Just interested. Footballers are often judged by their earnings, they certainly seem to be public knowledge. Cavendish is clearly top of his game, would be interested to know what type of reward he gets for that?

Filthy
    Free Member

I would expect his salary to run into 6 figures, possibly 7 with sponsorship deals and the likes.

Filthy
    Free Member

I was right… google is your friend…

linky

MrTall
    Free Member

And that was a 2008 article. I'd guess he's closer to the £2m mark now? Fair play to him, he seems to be in a class of his own at the moment.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

That times article is well out of date, and written by someone who seems to think he could wear the yellow jersey …

I don't have access to his bank statements, but the continental road scene is very lucrative, and always has been one reason why british talent has gone abroad ASAP, becuase you actually stand a chance of making a living.

IIRC, most pro-tour teams on a stage event like the TdF will put all the prizemoney from stage wins, points wins etc into a pot and then divvy it up between the entire team at the end.

FuzzyWuzzy

Whatever he's on he's got to be better value for money than Wiggo…

enduro-aid
    Free Member

ok by the same token anyone have any idea what the top downhill, XC guys and gals earn

the likes of peaty and the athertons? also do they still get paid if they are out injured thinking along the lines of Dan Athertons recent crash putting him out for the rest of the year

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I know Cav got given an audi R8 for winning on the champs elysees last year, so must be earning around a million a year all in. Contador is apparently on 5million euros a year. No idea about MTBers, I'm guessing 10s of thousands a year at most

bazzer
    Free Member

I reckon the blokes in DH must be earning more than the girls.

Emiline Ragot (spelling) served me dinner in our challet the other week.

Bazzer

Brycey
    Free Member

I read somewhere that Gee Atherton was on £100k, if that's true I can't see anyone else being even close.

BigJohn

Cavendish earns every penny.

pjt201
    Free Member

interesting article on post tour crits and what the pros stand to earn out of them in appearance fees.

njee20
    Free Member

ok by the same token anyone have any idea what the top downhill, XC guys and gals earn

There was an interesting article in one of the mags years ago (at least 5+, so the figures are largely irrelevant), but it said there were more pro DHers, but the XC racers got paid more at the top end, very few over £100k though.

There's no mega money in MTB racing.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm genuinely shocked by this. I had assumed that the simple knowledge that he was universally loved for his talent would be enough reward for a humble man like Cav. The idea that he does it for money had not crossed my mind.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ha ha!

Maybe he sold the Audi and bought his mum a nice little cottage, or gave the money to a hedgehog hospice or something.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Emiline Ragot (spelling) served me dinner in our challet the other week.

We pull out all the stops hey 🙂 I very much doubt you'd get Peaty doing the same – bit of a disparity between Female World Champ and Male world champ. Emmiline is also much prettier than Peaty 😉

hels
    Free Member

And – ahem – UCI prize funds are smaller for women than men, and the races often lower classification. And can't event argue that the races are shorter like the tennis !

I hope you gave Emiline a nice tip…

njee20
    Free Member

And can't event argue that the races are shorter like the tennis !

They are in XC and on the road!

cookeaa

Never Mind Cav’ the Athertons or Peaty, I want to know what the greatest cycling star of them all is earning…..

Just how much does Elbry make?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

4 cans of monster

uplink
    Free Member

I reckon he tops up his salary posing for Mad magazine

Frankenstein
    Free Member

And is that figure the team salary? imagine the sponsorship too.

Why the hell did we study etc -blame parents etc and should have carried on training ahhhggg!

warton
    Free Member

I know david Millar said he was getting 850k in 2002 before he got busted. so I imagine its gone up a bit since then. sponsorship will be massive as well

wwaswas

blame parents

I do – I have the lung capacity of an asthmatic hamster and I'm sure it's genetic.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How much does Mark Cavendish earn?’ is closed to new replies.