Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • How much do you spend on booze each week?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Mortgage lenders may soon be asking for more specific details of potential borrowers' expenditure – including booze/fags/other vices.

Just out of interest, what's the average spend on booze for STWers?

Me and the missus spend about £40 a week on beer and wine. I was quite shocked when I added it up!

Let's have some candid answers to get a general picture.

Also – do you think it reasonable for such questions to be asked on finance applications?

stumpyjon

Alright, I'm weird, I reckon on an average week I probably get through 3 bottles of Budweiser (around £1.50?) and the missus often doesn't drink so maybe £ 2…….

tinribz
    Free Member

big fat zero, booze tastes of poison and make you feel ill. Sea water is free.

You just make that stuff up on the forms, its more for your benefit make you realise how much you'll have to cut back.

anokdale
    Free Member

Not spent any this month, working in Libya, dry as a bone here, next month not more than £50.

the_lecht_rocks

about £500 to £800 over a good weeekend in the city.
    veuve clicquot would be slumming it imho.

nbt

three pints in the pub quiz @ £2.30 each, is £6.90
    I'll have a drink at home 3 nights a week, on average – usually a couple of cans (75p each) with the occasional bottle when I feel like treating myself (£1.40). call it 5 cans and 2 bottles per week. £6.55

total – £13.45. So, £15 or so. More than I expected, to be honest!

GrahamS
    grumm
    Free Member

£10-15 a week maybe?

nbt

grumm – Member

£10-15 a week maybe?

Add it up – my figures surprised me!

GJP
    Free Member

Easy question ZERO for me – although I did have two beers last week whilst away on business in the States courtesy of my host.

I am of the opinion that the value of such information is somewhat dubious as it can't really be validated.

Perhaps the motivation is to identify what spend is discretionary and could in theory be displaced to cover the mortgage if things go a little pear shaped. This argument however seems a little like fiddling while Rome burns – if you lose your job and can't pay your mortgage then not sure that cutting out the fags and booze is a long term solution.

My 10p worth

allthepies
    Free Member

About a tenner.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

box of 12 erdinger alkoholfrei and box of 20 schneider weisse alkoholfrei, 39 quid for the two. that'll last me over a month.
    but it's not booze really, so to answer the question accurately- nowt.

IanMunro
    Free Member

About £20 on a typical week.

grumm
    Free Member

Add it up – my figures surprised me!

Well over the last 3 weeks I have spent exactly £4.80 in total on booze (and haven't drunk any of it yet), but then I have been ill.

jonb
    Free Member

A typical week £0

flip
    Free Member

Big fat 0, what a waste of money 😯

user-removed
    Free Member

Lightweights. I spend £30 a week minimum. Mrs. Removed hardly drinks anything but if I buy wine, she'll have a glass.

Must go and check how much cash is in my Naked Wines account 😀

fwb2006
    Free Member

Probably about £20 pw, really depends on what the plans are.

anokdale:
    Not spent any this month, working in Libya, dry as a bone here, next month not more than £50.

If your in Tripoli head to the consulate party, they're held weekly if I remember correctly. Saved me a few times there when simply needed a drink.

uplink
    Free Member

A six pack of Wernesgrüner from Aldi so about a fiver

And a few drinks courtesy of my employer most weeks

darrell
    Free Member

well seeing as you cant buy a bottle of wine for less than 10 pound here (Norway) and a can of guinness from the shops costs 2.50 then errrrr…..a lot more than i would in the UK. Although i probably go to the pub twice a year here.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Q, 'How much do you spend on booze each week?'

A' 'Far too fu**ing much'

Honestly, & I know it. Having a nice glaaas of red as we speak. I'm not fussy though, I'll drink anything except brandy or tequila (which tastes like hypoid gear oil)

naokfreek
    Free Member

Nuffink this week as on a saving tip…but around 20/3o quid a week i guess…ale and vino.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Average week – maybe a fiver, but probably less. Exceptional week – up to £30. This week I spent 45 quid on a bottle of malt and a bottle of vodka, but the vodka will be split between me and the missus over about a month and the malt will last me about 6 months.

avdave2

A lot more when I'm working away and on expenses.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

if im at a house party prob 20 quid if im away down the pub then 40 but that include taxis etc

(saying that i spent 120 that weekend there just on booze, couple of big sessions in glasgow)

warton
    Free Member

I get a bottle of malt maybe once every 2 months, so maybe 15 quid a month, 4 quid a week.

In my twenties it was more like 200 quid a week. pints every lunchtime and pretty much every evening, ad two big nights a week. I'm so glad I don't do that anymore!

thomthumb
    Free Member

costs bout £30 to get pissed + entry + a taxi home once or twice a month
    few pints in the week
    pint or three after a ride

probably averages out at £30 a week, more if you include the £30 taxis!

alwyn
    Free Member

It was a lot, probably up to £100 a week. Now I've cut down to 20ish depending on if I go out and where I go out. Always £3.20 for free food with a drink night on Tuesday for students at a certain pub.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Used to be silly amounts but now I will go a couple or three months without spending a penny on booze (mainly because I have been working too many long shifts nad early mornings and riding in between) but then every three to four months about £30 in one go and boy dont I enjoy it.

miketually
    Free Member

3 bottles of wine for a tenner from Asda will usually last us a week. Some beer too.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

another nil

ooOOoo
    Free Member

£23.78

DaveGr
    Free Member

Mortgage lenders may soon be asking for more specific details of potential borrowers' expenditure – including booze/fags/other vices.

Booze = £4 for three bottles of Westons strong cider. On a bad week 6 bottles

Fags = zero

Other vices = urm excluding mountain bikes I'd hate to put a price on hookers and cocaine 😉

Moses

Let's see.
    Perhaps 2-3 bottles of wine a week between Mrs M and me.
    Then, pubwise, one or two nights, one or two pints apiece in poofy southern bars.

£30 / week?

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

£0.00

nickc

Couple of quid, I have maybe a couple of bottles of beer Friday or Saturday, other than that nothing during the week

nonk
    Free Member

i have the odd beer in the summer but from about september till the first hot day nowt.

footflaps

1 or 2 bottles of wine between the GF and I – possibly at a restaurant so anything up to £40.

Ambrose

Far too much. And I know it. And I despair when I add up how much I have spent and pi55ed away over the years. And I blame it all on one person. Me. 🙁

Stu_N

Couldn't really work it out. Past couple of years we have bought a lot of wine on holiday, though more to keep quality up than cost down. Whisky and gin consumption goes in phases, a bottle of single malt or Bombay Sapphire normally lasts us a couple of months or so, on average. As for beers – I don't have a regular pub night but occasionally I'm out 2 or 3 nights in a week, sometimes several weeks can pass without a night out.

Probably in the same ballpark as derek_starship – £40 a week or so between us. Most of that probably goes on half decent wine.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘How much do you spend on booze each week?’ is closed to new replies.