Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • how much do you have
  • milkyman
    Free Member

at the end of the week when all my bills are paid i have about 250 quid that i can honestly call my own, never seems to be enough but thats life

is this an average ammount, or is it time to look for another job

curlie467
    Free Member

£250 a week spare? Thats a lot!

maxray
    Free Member

lucky to have that a month at the moment :S

thomthumb
    Free Member

i have a fiver till payday.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

You have nothing like what I do.

lunge

This month I have just paid for last months holiday and have also rinsed the savings to buy Miss Lunge something shiny. So none spare this month and possibly a brief chat with my overdraft. Next month will hopefully provide some spare but I’m sure something will come in to take the spare away when I least expect it.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I’m lucky to have £250 spare a month, let alone a week 🙁

flip
    Free Member

I’m left with more than enough to pay my pitiful servants..

SaxonRider

I don’t have a clue. I ask my wife to control the cash flow, because if I was in charge there simply wouldn’t be any.

That said, I am able to afford a coffee at the local cafe every day and go to films at the local art house cinema once or twice a month.

But single, big purchases are always a bit iffy.

fasthaggis

Please refrain from talking money,it’s so common. 😛

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Was looking back through some old bank statements (as you do) from the mid-nineties when me and Mrs Chas were renting a little flat in Bath.

The balance dropped to ‘zero’ (as near as makes no odds) at the end of every month.

Dunno how we managed, really. Happy days.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

That’s a lot. after ALL regular payments, bills, mortgage, DD, Subs I have about £100, then take £20 out of that as a reg payment on to a ccard (due to overspending on home improvement materials 4 months ago)

Even then I think it’s a fair amount and wonder how I fritter it away so fast(buy all my lunches, a fancy coffee every other day, bike stuff, chocolate, booze)

EDIT (again) sorry, that £100 needs to include my groceries too!

sefton
    Free Member

dude thats simply too much…you need to buy a new bike or something 🙄

milkyman
    Free Member

feel a t**t now for asking,

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

my preferred method of managing the budget is to not keep a close eye on what is in the account, then you are too scared to spend anything.

Then when you get to the end of the month you can see what surplus you have 🙂

ski
    Free Member

I am going to get done for cross posting soon 😉

racefaceec90

15p i feel like a millionaire 😀

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

at the end of the week when all my bills are paid i have about 250 quid that i can honestly call my own, never seems to be enough but thats life

I think if you have £250 spare a week, you can’t be doing to bad.

uplink
    Free Member

No idea, I take £330/month as pocket money

milkyman
    Free Member

I do keep a close eye on things, in the past i was really really bad at managing money, i tend to be as organized as poss these days, but thats just me

that and im as tight as **** (not really)

carlosg
    Free Member

After I’ve paid into 4 different insurance/hospital plans , put £30 into a rainy day account and paid the cycle to work I don’t take out £250!

after the bills and stuff there’s ussually about £50 left over.

mchlptchr
    Free Member

Sounds like you are doing quite well.

I’m left with around £700 a month to pay for petrol, beers and bike stuff. It’d be nice to have more, but i’m not complaining.

ivantate
    Free Member

I have no idea but have never run out.

Depends where in life you are?
    – student
    – working but living at home
    – renting
    – just bought a house
    – still got a mortgage fixed on a stupid rate
    – got kids
    – etc
    – etc….

sssimon
    Free Member

after childcare, mortgage, bills, loan repayment, fuel, food etc I have roughly nothing left

busydog
    Free Member

Every month, it seems we get down to the last week and I see a spare $200-300 sitting in the account, and almost invariable, some unexpected expense (or Mrs Busydog spots a “deal” while “just passing through” her favorite clothes shop)and the spare $$ are gone, just like that. So much for the new Sidi shoes.

phinw
    Free Member

I’m with sssimon. If there were £250 left at the end of the year I’d be very pleased! Damn those pesky kids (kid). Mind you, he’s 3 1/2 and he can already ride his bike, so worth every penny.

ski
    Free Member

Sounds like you are doing very well to me, I would be in a much less stressed place if I had that sort of excess a week 😉

Trying to chip as much off the mortgage as I possible can at the moment, means I don’t have much left at the end of the week, small change in my pocket, but then again I don’t have much at the start of the week either 😉

brassneck

If you have a grand a month spare you must still live with your mum?

No offence meant 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

what a nosey bugger you are ! well seen as tho you ask im penniless..destitute…its called living in Britain !!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉

yunki
    Free Member

I have nowt.. 😀

milkyman
    Free Member

non taken, and no dont live with my mum thank god, have 3 kids as well

but when i got divorced gave my ex everything, and in return i dont pay mantaince

peteroughton169
    Free Member

i have about 1500 left a month after all the bills. still feel skint cos i never see it as it goes into the joint account and doesnt get used. builds up in case i end up on standby at work over the winter.. i get paid 39 hrs a week on basic for that which just to say covers bills. any thats left at the end of standby goes into a savings account. if i need owt, i go n get it 🙂

mafiafish
    Free Member

Nowt! Luxury!… when I were a lad….

Kryton57

“feel a t**t now for asking”

Don’t be. Sometimes its good to be reminded there are some people worse off than you and (speaking for myself not you), you’ve turned into a whinging selfless A-double Snakes but don’t realise how lucky you are.

As someone told me recently, you find yourself in different rungs on the step ladder of life in some situations. Sometimes you’ll be on the top rung, in others you’ll be on the bottom.

Such is life.

brassneck

– still got a mortgage fixed on a stupid rate
    – got kids

Bingo!

You can add living in the South to that – London prices extend out a bloomin long way, and it gets a little further every year.

ski
    Free Member

peteroughton169 – Member

i have about 1500 left a month after all the bills. still feel skint cos i never see it as it goes into the joint account and doesnt get used. builds up in case i end up on standby at work over the winter.. i get paid 39 hrs a week on basic for that which just to say covers bills. any thats left at the end of standby goes into a savings account. if i need owt, i go n get it

Got any jobs going Pete 😉

ourmaninthenorth

If I cut my spending back to just my expenses, then I’d say I’m lucky enough to have more than £250 a week spare. But I have a (by national average standards) well paying job.

I’d say having a thousand a month as your own (i.e. spending) money is pretty good. If you aren’t well paid (by nat ave standards), then you must be a baby boomer with a tiddly mortgage.

milkyman
    Free Member

whats a baby boomer ?

peteroughton169
    Free Member

ski, jobs are going but i wouldnt advise it! ime trying hard to find another job as the lifestyle is affecting me personally since i became a dad last year for the first time. ime looking at taking a 1500 a month drop in wages and sorting out my bills in order to get home. at the end of the day money no longer makes me smile, the smile on my daughters face does and money cant buy that! time to change. plus ile be able to ride with me mates again instead of on me todd!

uplink
    Free Member

whats a baby boomer

I am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomer

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘how much do you have’ is closed to new replies.