Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • How much diclofenac?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Lost the box, got a strip left, I just can’t remember what the dosage was.. I know I’ll certainly need some this weekend!
    50 mg tablets, is it three a day with food, and can you do those three every 4 hrs? Thanks in advance to all the medically qualified people who answer 😉

metters
    Free Member

max 3 times a day, minimum interval 6hours, after food 🙂

scaredypants

or two, up yer bum, every 16hrs 😯 😉

(no, you can’t – not the tabets)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup thought it was 6hrs. Thanks.

RustyMac

wrightyson you must have guts of steel, that stuff ruined me.

peterfile
    Free Member

3 times a day?

wow. good luck with that one.

If I need it, I have one in the morning, after breakfast. Any more than that and my stomach starts to disolve.

My tablets are 75mg mind you. But still, less is more with diclofenac, for the sake of your intenstines anyway!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

metters +1, although my mother in law was a GP & when I had done the same as you & lost the box she said 2, 4x a day – which I did for a week with no side effects.

Not sure I would recommend it though, my MOM may have been trying to kill me off 🙂

ART

Box I’m holding is 12.5mg per tablet, says 1-2 every 4-6 hours with a max of 6 tablets in 24hrs. HTHs if you haven’t swallowed already. 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

naproxen and codeine for brekkie today

Drac

Ring your GP or pop into a pharmacy they’ll soon give you the right advice.

stever
    Free Member

Funnily I went for my drug review with GP yesterday – please don’t overuse that stuff. Mine is 2x 50mg a day FWIW. I don’t take that, and I’m not you. Get some proper advice 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Thinking I’ll ring the docs, back and groin pain has returned with a vengeance this week, reckon my lumber injection has worn off! Nice timing as we go to Wales on Saturday for three days!! 😐

peterfile
    Free Member

If you want to know anything about a particular drug, ask a pharmacist, not a GP.

GPs study a minimal amount of pharmacology at university, their expertise is not in drugs.

Any decent pharmacist will be able to tell you everything you need to know (with a good degree of accuracy too!)

🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

I usually take it 3x day when I’m injured, was back on it this week after painful thumb sprain.

Doesn’t affect my guts but makes my head feel all woolly.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

I buy them over the counter at the pharmacist – 12.5mg pills mind

18 for £3.99 for the unbranded morrisons ones; voltarol is about £6

totalshell

second the pharmacist for advice i’d even speak to mrs tts on your behalf but shes not talking to me and if i mention the ‘bike’ word murder/ death/ kill will be a certainty

pennine
    Free Member

My pharmacist wife says:

One/50mg tablet 3 times a day (No more than 150mg in 24hrs) Ideally every 8hrs but not less than 6hrs with food.

Northwind

ART – Member

Box I’m holding is 12.5mg per tablet, says 1-2 every 4-6 hours with a max of 6 tablets in 24hrs.

Mine too.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Its a prescription drug, so the answer is totally dependent on what dose your GP prescribed for you.

Personal advice would be to use it as sparingly as you can. Its a very effective pain killer, but you can at anytime get a reaction to it. Its very unpleasant along the lines of anaphylaxis, and once that happens you’ll not be able to use it again, so save it for when you really need it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’ll be this weekend I’m sure! I’ve had it in the past and been ok. Might just do one right before the long ride on Sunday and just stick to normal bufren for the Saturday and Monday! Thanks for the advice.

GJP
    Free Member

My prescription says 50mg 3 x a day, don’t think I have ever taken more than 2 in one day nor for more than for a couple of days at a time.

Mine was prescribed for a frozen shoulder with some Valium as well. Valium went down very nicely thank you GP 😆

legolam
    Free Member

peterfile – Member
    If you want to know anything about a particular drug, ask a pharmacist, not a GP.

GPs study a minimal amount of pharmacology at university, their expertise is not in drugs.

Any decent pharmacist will be able to tell you everything you need to know (with a good degree of accuracy too!)

Well, that’s my 6 year medical degree, 5 years postgraduate work, and postgraduate degree down the drain then…

Wish they’d told me I didn’t have to know about those pesky drugs BEFORE the exams…

legolam
    Free Member

PS To the OP:

Max dose is 150mg in 24 hours, spread over 2-3 doses.

alibongo001

As with all NSAID (non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs) the best recommendation is to use “the minimum number of tablet for the minimum length of time.”

As said above a good pharmacist would advise best.

There are long term risks of a cardio vascular nature of taking these drugs as well as affects on the stomache (ulcers etc)

HTH

Al.

prettygreenparrot

Just pop into the pharmacy and ask? You can look up the label on the Internet. And there’s stuff Here

maxray
    Free Member

What sort of conditions leave you all having to live on hefty pain killers all the time? 🙁 sounds like a real downer.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s the first time I’ve needed any in over a year. One of my discs had degenerated and has no fluid left in it or around it I think. To be honest I lost interest when the first words were “there’s not really a lot we can do,” I had a spinal injection which was most enjoyable about a yr ago but it would seem as tho that has worn off! Trip to the gp next week I reckon.

peterfile
    Free Member

Well, that’s my 6 year medical degree, 5 years postgraduate work, and postgraduate degree down the drain then…

Wish they’d told me I didn’t have to know about those pesky drugs BEFORE the exams…

Not suggesting that your clearly extensive education and experience has been wasted, just highlighting a common misconception that GPs are better placed to provide advice on drugs than a pharmacist.

No offense was intended. 🙂

As part of my 6 years in higher education I studied tax law at both undergraduate and postgraduate level (it’s compulsory). Tax is intrinsic to every transaction that I work on, yet I wouldn’t claim to be the person best placed to advise on tax related issues (that’s what we have the finance guys for). I don’t consider that all my education and experience (including in relation to tax) has been wasted….it’s just that there are people out there who know more about it than me 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘How much diclofenac?’ is closed to new replies.