Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • How many severe weather warnings does it take before…
  • Smee
    Free Member

… they become simply weather warnings?

Bloody global warming my arse. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Never mind this, just heard on the radio that the indoor ski slope in Mankester is closed. Because of the snow!

Brilliant!

GrahamS

Moderate Weather Warnings are rubbish though:

"The Met Office has announced that large parts of the UK will experience pretty normal weather, with widespread outbreaks of blandness affecting the entire country."

stumpyjon

Bit like the warnings on the EPG for Freesat, Carry on Cleo had warnings about it being offensive, acts of violence and scenes of an adult nature.

waynekerr
    Free Member

Never mind this, just heard on the radio that the indoor ski slope in Mankester is closed. Because of the snow!

I've seen Glenshee & lecht ski areas close loads of times because of snow,it's the roads when there are a few thousand people there already which is the problem. Three of my mates were once snowed in at Glenshee for a couple of days in the late eighties, cheeky fookers were selling hard boiled eggs in the cafe for a £1 each.
    A local garage owner died trying to get out of the lecht ski centre when they closed it, he got stuck & kept his engine running to keep warm, the snow blew in around his car & the carbon monoxide did its worst.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How many severe weather warnings does it take before…’ is closed to new replies.