Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • how long is too long….classifieds!!!!
  • markyboy
    Free Member

how long is it acceptable to wait for goods off the classifieds.i bought stuff from a guy who i paid instantly.after 10 days i get an email saying he sent stuff to wrong place and hell sort it.7 days later and still no sign or answers from the seller.im getting well pissed off now.i accept things go wrong but its the lack of contact thats annoying me.what should my next move be.it is alot of money btw!!!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

2 weeks is the maximum I’d allow before complaining.

wwaswas

it is alot of money

I’d be making vigorous attempts to get in contact by any means and my money back after nearly 3 weeks…

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Establish has he got the goods back. See if you can collect.

wwaswas

have they posted on here in the meantime?

peteimpreza

name and shame

I’ll go get the pitch forks

Admiralable
    Free Member

I’ll go get the pitch forks

Bombers or Pikes?

markyboy
    Free Member

problem is he wont answer my emails!! he is in london i think and i am in scotland.he answered all emails quick enough about payment!!

wwaswas

I’d name and shame, tbh, if they have any sort of history on here then there may be people with more contact details than an email address.

peteimpreza

coil pikes

wwaswas

peteimpreza – thought he was selling, not buying with those?

markyboy
    Free Member

yes has been posting..(just not my gear)!!..

wwaswas

I’d stalk them on the forum then, a few ‘where’s my stuff’ posts on threads they’re posting on should elicit a response…

markyboy
    Free Member

if hes not been in touch by tomorrow its name and shame time i think!!

Kato

Aye tomorrow, it gives us a bit of time to whip the STW lynch mob up into a frenzy

markyboy
    Free Member

Sounds good!..you have been warned. 👿

nickf
    Free Member

And I felt bad taking a week to post some forks I was giving away for free! Seriously, I can’t understand how people think they’ll get away with it more than once.

Then again, I’m an untrusting sod; large items are strictly collect only, and I give the vendor cash at the time. I’d not be dropping £1k into someone’s account (easy enough if you’re after a top-spec frame) just on their forum reputation.

Xylene
    Free Member

Ace.

Been a few weeks since I’ve had to find out somebody’s wife’s mum’s middle name

bruneep

10 days is way to long IMHO.

Kinda annoys me this, if you are selling be prepared to send next day if possible. I have sold quite a bit this last week and most of it has gone same day of payment, if not defo next day. Always keep the buyer informed of posting date etc.

Also good to hear back from the buyer that the goods were received as well.

markyboy
    Free Member

it would be good if there was some way of leaving feedback on a sellers profile.or have some guidlines as to length of payment/delivery times.ALSO A BIG LIST OF WHO TO AVOID! 😯

markyboy
    Free Member

no it wasnt him but your story sounds worryingly like mine.

quincy
    Free Member

Sherco Steve. Im not going to let you bad mouth me without saying something. After many many attempts to contact you I just refunded your money straight back to the account details you gave me. Also, had a call from Parcelforce saying a calling card was left at your address as nobody was home. I have proof of postage and proof of bank transfer.

If there is anybody on here that should be avoided it is you.

ShercoSteve
    Free Member

More lies Tony.

You told me in your last email that you had problems sending the item and now you are saying you sent them. You can’t even get you stories right.

Just refund the £65 you stole from me.

So still on the don’t buy from list is quincy. He takes your money and doesn’t send the goods. Not the sort of person we want dealing in the classifieds.

Liftman

Quincy, think you are maybe on the wrong thread, no mention of you on this thread

ShercoSteve
    Free Member

Liftman there’s a post missing as it was deleted by mods because of a wee swear word in it, hence your confusion.

kaesae
    Free Member

quincy

If you have reciepts take photo’s of them and post them up!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘how long is too long….classifieds!!!!’ is closed to new replies.