Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How long did your last TV last?
  • stuey
    Free Member

LCD or Tube ?

Mine LCD 5 yrs 5 months.

(Xmas is approaching 4 grandparents staying – I better buy a new one.)

brakes
    Free Member

it’s a known fact that grandparents need 50″ plasmas or they will get eyeballitis and cark it

Militant_biker

CRT ~20 years

ourmaninthenorth

Er, I’ve only ever owned to TVs. Both are working just fine (CRT – 12 years and 8 years).

parkesie
    Free Member

never had a tv die 1st one i bought is still going strong after 10 years of being passed between family and friends as other tvs have died.
    our current lcd has done 3 yrs and looks like it wont die just yet either.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I would hope a tv isn’t looking like dying after three years!

mandog

CRT – 10 years. Sony.

toby1

Panasonic CRT 9 years strong I reckon – the picture quality is fading a little now I feel.

EDIT – but that might just be my urge to go high def!

highclimber
    Free Member

CRT – sold still working 10 years (i’ve had it that long though it was second hand)! only recently got an LCD HD.

stevehine

Panasonic plasma; 8 years old; still got an ace picture. Finding it hard to justify upgrading to be honest !

@ toby1 – the 11yr old 32″ JVC CRT we now have in the bedroom was getting darker and darker – gave me a good excuse to get and LCD for the lounge.

Well, I did some research and found a post on the tinterweb about a micro adjust screw on the back of the set. It was through a pinhole and you couldn’t see the screw – when I found it, a half a turn took the screen from pitch black to blinding white. Your Panny may not have the same, but worth a look – think there was brightness and contrast.

CountZero

I had a Panasonic 21″ CRT that I bought well over twenty years ago, had fixed seven or eight years ago, and gave to a place that gives new homes to household goods. A 32″ Philips CRT that followed, (the folks took on the Pana), lasted over fifteen, finally died beyond redemption around two years ago, and my current 40″ Bravia is around five years old.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sony crt here that must be 20 years old now

Drac

Last one CRT of course lasted me about 12 years and I hear still going strong, current Plasma one is 6 years old this year or maybe 5 not sure now.

stuey
    Free Member

To be fair – last night’s storm killed it – power surge/ back EMF.

New Q- who turns off their TV by the socket at night – I turned off the toaster Mrs Stuey forgot the TV – Public service TV – bedtime routine – NOT HD

andytherocketeer

Mitsubishi CRT – been going strong since 1991
    JVC CRT – maybe about 5-6 years, then died totally
    Philips CRT – also about 5-6 years, then only displayed pink

JVC ended up in a Dutch skip iirc. Philips remains on the floor until I cba to take it to a German skip to be recycled.

Now replaced with Panny LCD.

tartanscarf

Tube – 14 years and counting.

jonk

Got one of the first Samsung LCD’s 7 years ago still going today. I would expect it to last at least 10 years it was £900 for a 32 inch!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

My wee brothers plasma telly is still going strong after about 10 years.

4ndyB
    Free Member

CRT Philips 28″ widescreen TV

expired 3 months before the free 5 year warranty did

it was not serviceable so a cheque was dispatched for more than I paid for the TV in the 1st place (based on the RRP) as I bought it in the sale 30% off and got another 10% off by using the store card (I paid that off within the month)

win all round

kevj
    Free Member

JVC crt around ten years old now, although it has been relegated to the caravan.

MartynS

Panasonic crt.. must be 13 years old.

first telly I bought when i moved out of my parents.

still fine.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How long did your last TV last?’ is closed to new replies.