Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • How long can you hold your breath?
  • pjbarton
    Free Member

i did 1:45 – 34 year old man

ddmonkey

I just did 1:45 while sitting on the loo, I reckon I could have got to 2mins if my life depended on it but it was starting to feel unpleasant and I needed a poo.

psling
    Free Member

I just did 1:45 while sitting on the loo, I reckon I could have got to 2mins if my life depended on it but it was starting to feel unpleasant and I needed a poo.

Try again sat on a stool…? 😀

theotherjonv

I sometimes do this while on the M1. But instead of time, I go by distance (which is therefore also dependant on speed). I can usually manage 2 miles which at speed limit of 70mph would be about 1:43

I could go further or probably hold on longer but the combination of going dizzy / blacking out at the same time as exceeding the ton isn't probably how you'd want to present your defence in front of the beak.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Years ago I did 2 lengths (50M). I was imagining I was one of these freedivers soooo..relaxed.

My mate pulled me out of the water at 50M because I'd passed out and was floating face down! –

I haven't tried it since!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i did 1:45 – 34 year old man

but world weary ?

nedrapier

Drac – Member

I think about 2 minutes when I tried a few time a year or so ago.

Ok but what about today?

Just did 1m40, but that's after lunchy beers, 2 cups of strong coffee and all the fevered excitement of corporate property insurance.

boobs

2.10 42 year old bloke, going to have a proper go soon

flip
    Free Member

1:20 40years old male 😛

twang
    Free Member

Right, here we go Haaaaaaap………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I saw 62 secs on me watch but then I passed out so I'm not sure exactly. I'm 53 & totally unfit. (until this time tomorrow, after which I'll have been out on the bike for the 1st time this year)

Stoner
    Free Member

😉

mafiafish
    Free Member

2.11 21 male

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Holding your breath under pressure is very different. A 30 second wipeout/hold-down in decent sized waves feels like a LONG time.

In properly big waves it must be pretty horrific. Eloquently explained Here

Daffy

2:25, 29, male, unfit :-/

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I dunno what that fellatio chart has to do with holding your breath unless you've got a blocked nose. Mind you I've got an 8" tongue & can actually breathe through my ears, so the girls LOVE me!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘How long can you hold your breath?’ is closed to new replies.