Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • How likely is it that I've won a stolen bike?
  • continuity
    Free Member

Here are the indicators.

– 1 feeback
    – Limited description beyond what could be read off the bike labels “e.g. FOX SUSPENSION”
    – Poor Photos
    – Bike looks unused
    – Bike has pump, lights, saddlebag attached to it despite being carbon top end f/s mountain bike. Saddlebag is full of kit, but no mention of said kit in post.
    – Sold for approximately 50% of what I’d expect to pay, even secondhand.

what do you reckon?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

what do you reckon?

Sounds like you’ve got a bargain.

peter1979
    Free Member

11.42%

dudeofdoom

Well people do die ocassionally and there stuff gets dumped or given away…..

Mrs DOD wouldn’t have a clue over the value and would probably get rid of my stuff an move a toy boy in tbh..and it’s not like we actually say how much something really costs to the other half 🙂

or it’s nicked

dudeofdoom

If it’s a titus ftm carbon it’s mine btw:-) an most definately nicked…

Suggsey
    Free Member

Well you’ve just coughed to it being too good to be true and you think it could be stolen, so you’ve admitted handling stolen goods and you’re going to loose your money and the bike and go to prison………..well you did ask!

ThePinkster

If you were that concerned about the description and photos to the point where you thought it might be nicked why did you continue with the purchase?

Or are you really not that bothered?

continuity
    Free Member

Methinks I’ll meet in person.

If he turns up with the bike in a big bag labelled $$$ SWAG $$$ I’ll be sure to not tell him my name.

ThePinkster

So you’re not collecting from his home address either?

Oh dear….

dudeofdoom

There’s also the evil revenge thing whereby the Mrs upon finding her mans er playing away sells his beloved posessions whilst he’s workng away 🙂

bearnecessities

what do you reckon?

You’re making the whole thing up.

unovolo
    Free Member

Be very surprised if its not a scam, bet pictures are probably library ones off t’internet.

Did you ask many questions beforehand to ascertain genuineness.

dudeofdoom

But if yer meeting in the motorway services then oh dear…..

sc-xc

You should go to prison for saying ‘methinks’.

theocb
    Free Member

If it’s a Trance then it is probably my brothers.. pinched last week the gits

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member
    You should go to prison for saying ‘methinks’.

Verily.

allthepies
    Free Member

So you bid on a bike you suspect might be nicked.

Go you.

continuity
    Free Member

Not that bothered; I’m more than capable of making a judgement when I meet in person – just makes a mild change from “Talk to me about weatherproof paint for my shed” e.t.c.

If it’s a Trance then it is probably my brothers.. pinched last week the gits

email me with the model

So you bid on a bike you suspect might be nicked.

Go you.

I know right. I also dropkick babies for rugby practice.

Marin
    Free Member

Or you may meet him and his mates who have no bike but would still like your cash. Best go tooled up with useful mates just in case.

continuity
    Free Member

Never fear, I’ll bring my bombers.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Link?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

TTIUWL

wittonweavers
    Free Member

As you suspect it may not be legit.

However given that you’re not too bothered, you better hope that the scam is isn’t that there is no bike at all, and you have lost the money you have paid…

#karma

continuity
    Free Member

I’m not too bothered as it will be patently obvious when I see the bike and the owner in context whether or not it was originally his.

If you need any help changing the topic to being about how much of a sinner I am I have given evidence above of baby kicking etc but it won’t make you any less dull.

cinnamon_girl

What a charmer eh? 🙄

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

#karma

If such a thing existed, I am fairly sure you are about to step on a bit of lego in bare feet, for using a hashtag on a forum post.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Oh the shame!

Stone him!

julianwilson
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member

I think an link would be helpful. Someone might recognise it.

I always google for the bike model or key features along with “stolen” when looking at bikes for sale to check. Only a slim chance it has been posted online but you never know.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

If it was that bike then you would be bidding on one that you wouldnt know the size of – which would presumably keep the number of bidders and the price down.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

OP should have just saved his money, and bid on this bike that popped up on an Ebay search today:

ads678

😯

dirtydog
    Free Member

Lol

Owner clearly has no idea, who in their right mind would run a crossmark as a front tyre?

plus-one

If it’s the one linked above I’d say legit .. Advert is too coherent for a scally 🙂

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@bongohoohaa WHAT HAZ BEEN SEEN

cloudnine
    Free Member

What light is that on the Trance?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

ahh, that reminds me, what the heck is going on with this On-one Pompino, and how does the front brake work??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/On-one-Pompino-road-bike-/231498380664

v666ern
    Free Member

IF, its that trance then id say honest as he sold his wife’s giant this month too for £250

bargain – go team continuity

continuity
    Free Member

“I’ve just opened the garage and there is a huge crack in the top tube of the frame so I can’t sell it to you now”.

One of you offered him a grand.

Oh well, what fun!

hora
    Free Member

Ok. Wait- if he relists in a week or so then hit him with a neg feedback. (dont agree to the ebay link to the auction didn’t happen yet)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘How likely is it that I've won a stolen bike?’ is closed to new replies.