Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • How high are your handlebars?
  • ebygomm
    Free Member

After whinging for over a year to get a bike locker I finally got one today – woo hoo!

Unfortunately my bike doesn't fit in it, handlebars are too high, it would fit in the locker but won't go through the door. I've used cycle lockers before with the same bike and never had a problem.

So a little survey to see what percentage of bikes would fit in these lockers, how high are your handlebars?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

ok, ill be sad and be the first to answer.
    Strangely, 40" high on both bikes, but one set are 27" wide, t'other 30" wide.

ebygomm
    Free Member

That's quite low, none of the bikes in this household are that less than 41".

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep 40" here too (160mm Bombers and a shortish headtube 😉 )

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

On the Chameleon, 39 3/4".

Should be about the same on the Swift.

When I get it….

*angst*

😐

uplink
    Free Member

43½" on the one sat behind me

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'll measure when I get home. I've recently lifted my bars as I was getting back ache.

AndyP
    Free Member

can't be arsed measuring, but the steerer clamp is the highest bit. I run a negative rise stem and flat bars.

ebygomm
    Free Member

No cycle locker for you uplink, bad luck!

chvck
    Free Member

41" here, I like my bars highish tho!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

To put mine in context, one is my Pace 303 medium, with 130mm Pace forks, and the other a 4" travel 4x bike with flat bars. Seems strange to me that when measured theyre within 1/4" of each other. Shows how i like my bikes, as theyve both had a bit of tweaking to get there.

uplink
    Free Member

No cycle locker for you uplink, bad luck!

I'd just drop the front wheel off

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Or let the tyre down, then pump it up again when needed, everyday.

oldgit
    Free Member

38" 100mm forks, strangely I'd have thought my saddle would be 5-6" above them but that's at 41".

simondbarnes

37"

Onzadog
    Free Member

110cm

Hairychested
    Free Member

100cms, 110cms, 138cms.

benjag
    Free Member

Pike U-turns!

chopperT
    Free Member

Bars at 41in, saddle at 44in. Isn't the saddle the highest part of the bike?

ebygomm
    Free Member

Isn't the saddle the highest part of the bike?

Depends on the bike, my handlebars are a fraction higher than my saddle. The saddle isn't a problem because I can tip the bike slightly to lower the saddle to get it through the door, doesn't work for handlebars because of the width.

gingerflash

41 inches on the FS, 40 on the hardtail.

44.5" to top of grips and saddle

It was a bit higher, but I've just dropped the fork stanchions (double crown forks) by half an inch and the BB by almost an inch

donsimon
    Free Member

97cm for one,
    107cm for another and,
    90cm for the third.

bomberman
    Free Member

if it'll fit in the locker but not through the door can you not just lift the back end up to get it in and out?

ebygomm
    Free Member

Woo hoo, I managed to make it fit.

It's not easy, as well as being too high, handlebars are a touch too wide (620mm), so handlebars have to be turned and bike lent to one side and then the other, which is hindered by the tyre rail down the middle. But it's in! I am sure I will perfect the technique with time.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How high are your handlebars?’ is closed to new replies.