Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • How generous / miserable…
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Is the company you work for at Christmas? My employer is miserable… does nothing, gives nothing

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I’ll probaly get a fiver voucher for M&S

I think its a daft use of money.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think its a daft use of money.

Giz it ‘ere then.

bassspine
    Free Member

my boss paid for the couriers who collected the pompino I bought from Naranjada as my christmas bonus. Plus he paid for a good meal at the pub for all the staff and about 10 of the regular customers. Fair play to him, that’s well generous IMO

trailmonkey

We’re being taken out for a Xmas dinner with partners on Friday night. We’ve had a tough year so I’m really suprised that we’ve been able to afford it. Doubt that we’ll get the Xmas bonus that we had last year but THB, I’m just happy to still have a job at the moment.

ton

pretty generous.
    we buy a boat load of ale and spirit’s for gifts for the customers.
    we go out for a meal and drinks payed for by the company.
    and for the last 8 yrs we have received a cash xmas bonus………..but this year we have not grown like other years.
    so it may change……….we will see.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Our company stopped us accepting gifts from suppliers or customers

rockhopperbike

We have just got a hamper with loads of local Spanish produce in, prolly the best I have ever recieved. ruddy heavy to carry tho.

bruneep

SFA

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive been allowed home …..

tootallpaul

Well, I’m not expecting anything as it’s not christmas here…

In the words of the song “Do they know its christmas time at all?”

🙂

Woody
    Free Member

We’ll get our usual gift which is worth more than mere money or trinkets – an email from the chief exec. thanking us for our efforts in the past year and being the best performing service in the UK.

Makes my heart swell with pride 8)

trout
    Free Member

Right tight miserable fecker

self employed

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I’m getting a Dewalt 717xps double bevel sliding mitre saw.

Self employed here too

Pickers

Got an evening out for the whole staff and partners(proper nice Xmas curry!) all paid for so that’s ok.
    Bonus was a week in San Francisco in October also paid for. Nice. Had a good year though and put the time in so that’s very ok.

chewkw
    Free Member

Don’t care as I do not want anything from them.

I don’t want anything from my employer and they must not demand beyond what I have signed up for. 😡

kerv
    Free Member

Looking like naff all and just found out they’ve given me a job in Cornwall on Christmas eve, 550mile round trip! Ho Ho Ho

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I’d be pulling a sickie xmap eve then. That’s out of order

Kieran

Fully paid for meal and do in a nice hotel last friday night.

Accomodation for the night or taxi if less than £60

£2000 bar bill on my company credit card

Two days additional holiday next week.

Sometimes my companys ace!

djglover
    Free Member

We went out on an embarrassingly expensive night out in London last night. It was fun, but it was tinged with guilt really, a bit too excessive.

I certainly think that part of running a good team is a good night out once in a while though.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

sweet **** all from mine

allthepies
    Free Member

SFA + 1

beinbhan

We’ll be lucky to get a Merry Christmas email

JulianA
    Free Member

Free lunch here. It was good!

lister

My line manager’s line manager is quite well known on here.
    I’m sure my chistmas bonus is in the post 😉

EDIT: there is a free lunch however, which is usually followed by a bit of a pub crawl so can’t complain…

jamesca
    Free Member

we got a branded t-shirt that we are encouraged to wear on dress down fridays, builds a strong brand image apparently. i can’t see them getting much wear unless for working on the car or as a duster

alexxx
    Free Member

going to a 5* country house / hotel thing with a day of activities and spa treatment followed by a epic meal followed by a sleep in an epic room with partners 😀 oh yeeeeeh

Flaperon

SFA + 2.

PeteG55
    Free Member

3 course meal in a fab country pub. Only downside is I got to drive home afterwards so no lovely local brew for me.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

**** all.

Our manager suggested we do something in June(!!!) instead.
    No esprit de corps whatsoever, actually it’s very seldom that any of my colleagues have any contact with each other outside of work at all.

Oh, and I’m the youngest by almost 20 years too….Christ I can’t wait to go back to university in October.

TiRed

Took the team to Babylon at The Roof Gardens for a lovely lunch yesterday. More than worth it to say thank you for their hard work this year.

spooky_b329

Normally get £20 towards a meal out with the team, however it always gets left late, and this year there has been some restructuring, and our team of 20 has been split down the middle, a few new guys that live miles away, as far as I know no-one can be bothered and nothing arranged. We are all being performance managed despite the systems not working properly, and have had gps trackers on the vans so overall, moral is low.

The manager does normally buy a bottle of wine for everyone though.

And I’m on call over Christmas.

ji
    Free Member

Never worked for anyone who gave a bonus or present at Christmas. Don’t reckon I’ll get anything this year either.

crazy-legs

Works Xmas party for us tonight in some hotel in the city centre. It was pretty good last year.

My boss gave the whole team a bottle of wine each last year as well. I’m working right up til Xmas Eve this year but only half a day then (we still get paid for the whole day! 🙂 )

Twin
    Free Member

SFA. Also the lovely management have decided all the shift workers here should work Xmas day even though we’re not making anything, ‘just in case’.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Office shuts tomorrow until 4th Jan, all paid. Out tomorrow go carting in thhe afternoon then a meal out on the firm at a swanky restaurant.

I’d say that’s pretty decent.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Staff at the mothership in London get London weighting, summer and winter parties, champagne and nibbles with the top brass, free classes at lunchtime, subsidised gym membership, etc etc etc.

Home workers like me get to give the company free office space and electricity in their house all year in return for their (frozen) wages and **** all else.

By a stroke of luck my rota has thrown up Christmas Day and Boxing Day off this year but next year, like last year, I might not be so lucky.

S’pose we should be fankful we got a job, Mr Scrooge, eh? Mustn’t gwumble!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘How generous / miserable…’ is closed to new replies.