• This topic has 63 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • How far do you ride?
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

The top of the Quantocks is 3.5 miles from here, all uphill, but it does mean that the majority of my rides finish with a 3.5 mile, 8 minute (45+mph in the steepest part) road descent. 🙂

maxray
    Free Member

Im more interested that about 95% of the posts had evidently paid no attention to the OP.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Who's Im?

Hohum
    Free Member

At the moment I am managing to ride 15 miles three times a week.

amplebrew

I ride 10 miles each way to work every day and then 2 mtb rides on my rest days.

I work shifts, rather than the Mon to Fri grind; but my Garmin reckons an average of 100 to 140 miles over a 7 days.

It depends on the weather and shifts though to be honest. If i'm a bit low on the miles, I try to get a few quick 3 mile runs in; makes me feel a bit better then 🙂 lol

njee20
    Free Member

I like that people clearly don't read the interim posts either, they read the first line of the OP, then post their answer.

Nick

boo **** hoo

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

for me it depends. im lucky as i live in the peaks. so on average i try and do 3 rides a week at least.

short blast/play round winhill/mam tor – normally only about 6-10 miles
    or 15-35 miler around the similar areas. i try and do longer rides when i can, but if not i just head out and do what i can before it gets dark.

on average about 40-60 mile p/w, want to step it up to 50 mile minimum soon though…

joolsburger
    Free Member

In the last two weeks I have ridden around 100 miles.

4 times a week at Swinley for about 10 miles a pop and a big one on Sundays around double that.

My legs hurt.

hora
    Free Member

Circa 30miles (2 rides) in the Peaks and maybe another more local ride <10miles.

Its all good.

Or I could answer
    2x40mile rides in the Lakes on a 20yr old fully rigid singlespeeded bike :mrgreen:

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

For me my weekly commute I ride about 20 miles with two other Mountain Bike rides. A Tuesday night ride of about 25 – 30 miles and a weekend ride of 40 miles plus which is incresing in length each week as preparation for the SDW towards the end of the summer.

miketually
    Free Member

I ride 5 miles a day getting to and from work.

(Just to annoy the annoyed.)

hora
    Free Member

Circa 30miles (2 rides)

Just to clarify thats 2x15miles NOT 2x30mile rides.

I dont want the people with no life who ride and have nothing else in their life thinking I'm one of them.
    😆

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

About 15 miles once or twice a month (on average).

+ about 1 mile on a road bike pulling a bike trailer with 2 kids every weekday.

+ about 15 miles a week of off road running.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I like that people clearly don't read the interim posts either

I do read them. Then I ignore them.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Apart from yours, obviously.

njee20
    Free Member

Damn, I was going to point out how you shot yourself in the foot there 😉

DaRC_L

Well normally 1 MTB ride per week of 2-4 hours.
    Over the longer days (May – Sep) this will go to 2 rides per week one of 2 one of 2-4 with occasional all-dayers.

I can't say on distance but I'd guess an avg of 7-8mph.

yunki
    Free Member

I do a 30ish mile offroad ride at the weekend and a 10-15 mile offroad ride every other day

piha
    Free Member

An average night ride ranges from 12 to 18 miles and at the weekend an average ride would be between 25 and 40 miles. I try to do 3 rides a week and vary the terrain/route/pace etc as much as I can.

mogrim

maxray – Member
    Im more interested that about 95% of the posts had evidently paid no attention to the OP.

Personally read it, paid attention, then ignored the bit I didn't like and included my spinning classes in the answer. Just back from one right now, in fact 🙂

RHSno2
    Free Member

I measure rides in vertical ascent not distance with it being Mountain biking and all.

Ti29er
    Free Member

In my defence Hora, in 32 days time (?) that mileage and frequency will drop away – that’s assuming my legs still function at all & I haven’t been carried off by the man-eating Scottish midges!

hora
    Free Member

Ti29er dont let me get my hands on you(!) I'll fill ya with ale and burgers post-rides!

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘How far do you ride?’ is closed to new replies.