• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by MS.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How do you prevent braking bumps?
  • votchy
    Free Member

does suspension cause stutter bumps Having only read the first page of the thread above about suspension causing braking bumps , how do you avoid creating them? Isn't concensus that you brake before the bend in a straight line and use a firm short application of the brakes whilst avoiding locking up rather than a long steady drag of the brakes, the general aim being to carry speed through the corner?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Braking bumps will never go away, you get them with motocross as well as mtb. They appear anywhere where on average people brake.

simon1975

How do you prevent braking bumps?

Don't ride at Trail Centres 🙂

MS
    Free Member

How do you prevent braking bumps?

Don't Brake! 😆

bassspine
    Free Member

use the first one as a launch, unweight and float over the ripples, then carry all your speed into the corner 😈

juan
    Free Member

learn to brake…

Haze

learn to brake ride…

hora
    Free Member

High powered rifle with exploding bullets (but please don't shoot me!)

votchy
    Free Member

learn to brake…

so how do you brake then?

trail_rat
    Free Member

learn to brake…

so how do you brake then?

properly …….

coffeeking
    Free Member

Itz just a problem on any high traffic trail. Ride elsewhere?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

build an uphill gradient before the turn to slow you down?

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive found one good way is to have weaping seals on your brakes and thus badly contaminated pads …. i couldnt skid/stop to save my life …. my ss just has a vaguely slowing down feel and lots of squeeling. braking bump problem solved !

5lab

a lot of places manage without them. Whistler tends to chose to armour trails – so rock garden landing to drops, paving built into corners\run ups\jumps. I've also heard they mix a little cement powder into the dirt when they're shaping lips, to try and block wear.

they tend to be worse on narrow trails, having a high 'techy' line as well as a low line is a good way of avoiding them, as the slower (braking) riders will tend to err towards the easier option

j_me
    Free Member

Tarmac

juan
    Free Member

Votchy what trail_rat says. Instead of jamming the brake like a lunatic maniac corner at speed close to 0 and then hammer your pedals, well you brake less, avoid skidding, get more speed in the corner look further ahead in the corner and let the bike roll out of the corner…
    Plus if you skid while braking you've got a lot less control over your bike than if you don't skid. Try to use BOTH brakes…

MS
    Free Member

trail_rat – You also deafen the people riding beside you – win win!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How do you prevent braking bumps?’ is closed to new replies.