• This topic has 45 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by luke.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • How do you like your steak?
  • epicyclo

Neanderthal.

Burnt, black edges.

Usually cooked myself on a stick held over a camp fire, accompanied by a flagon of Oz's finest (a McWilliams flagon with the lip at the neck to stop it slipping out of your hands when you're halfway through the flagon and er, it's a red colour)

ex-pat
    Free Member

Fillets – rare. Rump medium. Something worse (Braising anyone) then burnt.

If I'm going to a place that's poor quality then I prefer well done, makes the gristle easier to eat…

greaseham
    Free Member

Chase the cow round a field and when it breaks out a sweat, it's ready 🙂

Seriously though, very, very bleu. I get speacial 45 day matured steaks from my local butcher. Utterly amazing!

radoggair
    Free Member

Oh dear!!

bommer – Member
    rare to medium rare. Ribeye every time – gorgeous.

Obviously knows not alot about steaks. Due to the 'marble' that is associated with ribeye steaks then med-well to well done is the ideal cooking of this steak. It allows the marble to be cooked properly and slowly release its flavour. Ribeye is prob the best steak for all round flavour

I ask if they keep it at room temperature before cooking, if the waiter/ess looks at you funny then medium rare.

Confused by this comment and hoping that he means that they are refridgerated and not seriously kept at room temperature!!!

NZCol

on the rarer side of medium rare. Basically like this – eye fillet or good thick sirloin. Take out at least 45mins before cooking, get the BBQ nice and hot. Season liberally just before cooking, if its thick fillet then sear both sides, wrap in foil and cook until just approaching 60 degrees, rest 10 mins. Perfect. Sirloin same, get to just below 60 and that will rest nicely to Med Rare. We have steak at least twice a week, in the last 3 weeks we've eaten some sort of dead animal (marine or land), pots and corn/peas/broc/silverbeet out the garden every single night !! Mebbes make a curry tonight for a change 😀

luke
    Free Member

Depends if I know who's cooking it, it's surprising how many chef's in pubs and restaurants cannot cook a steak correctly. But if they can then medium-rare, if i'm unsure i'll opt for medium.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘How do you like your steak?’ is closed to new replies.