Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • How do you keep your reverb hose tidy on your frames!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Tried the stick on hose guides but they have failed miserably,hose flaps about when post compressed! and gets in the way so how do you keep them snug out of the way?

Tracey

Zip tie ours to existing cables

Lazymike
    Free Member

I used the stick on guides. One is rock solid. I’m just waiting for the other to fall off though. I guess the radius of the curve of the tube has to match the stick on quide to work well. As for keeping the cable out of the way when compressed, I looped it round the seat tube a couple of times before routing the remote to the bars. It works well for me. Think of it like a spring. The coils naturally sort of take up the slack. I whacked on lots of protection (heli-tape) around the seat tube. My frame also had a handy “hole” in it at the seat tube/top tube junction so I fed the loops through there so it keeps it nice and neat.

mrplow
    Free Member

I did it this way – many folk will pick holes in this method such as may put more stress on the post end barb, had to put stickers on where it rubs the seat tube etc but I have had no issue and it is very quiet and out of the way and been working well for 2 months. Will probably explode on the next ride so I shall update this thread for “I told you so”s! 😆

BigJohn

If you get a little O ring (10mm-ish diameter) and loop that over the cable and run a zip-tie around the frame and through the O-ring (instead of running it over the cable) it makes for a much neater job and stops everything sliding about.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How do you keep your reverb hose tidy on your frames!’ is closed to new replies.