Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How do I stop those f-ing sales calls?
  • transapp
    Free Member

You know the ones, the ones with the recorded voice asking me if I’ve been sold payment protection type bollox.
    I’m sure I read about a way on here to prevent them but can’t find it.
    Anyone have any good methods?

bruneep
    lowey

Register with the TPS

andyh2
    Free Member

After a nasty crank call we got the BT service added which blocks any calls from callers who don’t allow their caller id to show up. Costs about £4 a month I think.

This cuts out a lot of cold calling as well as they mostly withold their number.

Also stops my Dad getting through as he always forgets and has his number withheld when he calls, but that’s an unfortunate side effect!

Militant_biker

TPS, whilst good, is only relevant for UK-originating calls, or at least, it used to be. If they choose to call you from abroad, and VOIP is making this more common, TPS has no teeth.

tony_m
    Free Member

I’m registered with TPS but that doesn’t actually seem to stop every single annoying call, so whenever the phone rings these days I normally just let the answerphone take it. If it’s a legitimate call from somebody I actually know / want to talk to, they’ll usually start to leave a message and I just pick the phone up then. If they do just hang up, a quick 1471 to make sure it wasn’t anybody I know after all, and that’s it.

Of course, this does mean I miss out on the helpful gentlemen calling from Microsoft to tell me there’s a problem with my computer and they can fix it for me, but I can live with that… 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How do I stop those f-ing sales calls?’ is closed to new replies.