Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • how do i stop air escaping when pumping me forks?
  • indiajazz
    Free Member

help please,im trying to pump up my recons,i get them to right pressure but when i un do the screw bit the bleeders let the air escape…..any ideas please?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Put a little bit more than you need in.

donald
    Free Member

No they don’t.

When you disconnect the pump the noise you hear is air from the pump not the fork.

The fork is now at the correct pressure.

When you reconnect the pump to check, that’s when they loose pressure.

spooky_b329

As above. Its the pump emptying, not the fork. Pump to set pressure (i.e. 25PSI), remove pump. Then reconnect pump. Pressure reads 23PSI. That means every time you connect the pump you will lose 2PSI. So if you want to fine tune the pressure, you need to take into account the amount of air pressure lost each time you connect the pump.

Or, are you trying to use a normal pump on the forks? If so, give up…you need a shock pump!

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

You can use one of These Mine has it built in, it, means you can connect without losing pressure

indiajazz
    Free Member

cheers people!

indiajazz
    Free Member

it looks like ive been running them far too high,im 11.5 stone and now have 90 ish psi in them and they seem much less “stiff” than they were…..it ll be interesting to see how they ride now

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘how do i stop air escaping when pumping me forks?’ is closed to new replies.