Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How do I get a boiler commission certificate?
  • munkeymadness
    Free Member

Any experts in the house, or anyone had a similar experience?

I have a newly installed gas boiler but no commission certificate. The plumber who put the boiler in has gone awol (infact emigrated). Is it possible to get another plumber/gas engineer to come in and commission it, or can they only safety test it?

I think I need the commission certificate as the boiler is in a new extension that needs buildign regs.

any help much appreciated.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I think another corgi registered heating engineer can do a landlord’s check, and that will suffice.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It should be in the back of the instructions as part of the benchmark book*

* Unless there is a seperate cert required for building regs that I know nowt about, I don’t install just service and repair.

munkeymadness
    Free Member

thanks guys,
    I’ll get a landlords check arranged

coffeeking
    Free Member

Doesnt this simply mean you can fit your own boiler (assuming you dont screw it up) and get someone to write you a report for it (sort of circumventing the laws on laymen boiler fiddling)?

munkeymadness
    Free Member

[/quote]Doesnt this simply mean you can fit your own boiler (assuming you dont screw it up) and get someone to write you a report for it (sort of circumventing the laws on laymen boiler fiddling)?

I guess it does, which is why I was assuming I’d need a commission not a safety certificate. As long as it’s safe and legal that’s my concern.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How do I get a boiler commission certificate?’ is closed to new replies.