Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How do i extend my Reverb without the remote?
  • HaydPD
    Free Member

Hi there

I had a big off last weekend and managed to shear the hose out of my reverb remote.

I have bought a new barb, I have the bleed kit and Im going to attempt to repair this morning.

The post was down when I had the accident and apparently it needs to be extended before I repair and bleed it.

Can anyone help? Can I extend the post within the remote?

Thanks

I_Ache
    Free Member

I thought they were supposed to extend on there own when the house is broken?

Is there enough air pressure in it?

HaydPD
    Free Member

The hose may still have the remainder of the barb still in it. Perhaps if I trim the hose the post will extend?

Are there any other ways to extend it?

peachos
    Free Member

I’m sure when I did the same thing to mine (broke at half height) I just rigged it all up, bled the remote & it was fine. You might not have lost much, or any, fluid out of the hose…

coatesy
    Free Member

It needs hydraulic pressure to open the valve to extend it, so I doubt it. Not sure why you’re not supposed to bleed them when compressed, probably just to prevent it suddenly extending, but can’t see any other way to extend it. I’d bleed it as it is, operate the button to extend it, and re-bleed with it extended if there’s any issues with it’s operation.

docrobster
    Free Member

I snapped the barb on mine a few weeks ago doing a comedy topple over at the very top of whinlatter red south. I was very pleased that it was stuck down not up for the descent.
    I don’t know what they did to fix it but cyclewise had it bled and working with a new barb in half an hour. Would have done it myself but didn’t take bleed kit away to the lakes with me.
    I’m sure if you just follow the bleed instructions it will raise itself once the remote is working again.

HaydPD
    Free Member

Thanks all. Will give it a go and report back…

rondo101
    Free Member

I did the same at Pila last year after clipping a tree.

I basically did what coatsy has recommended; bleed to get it to extend, then bleed again. Perhaps user error but I found the fluid that was left was quite badly cavitated & I ended up having to bleed it 6 times to get it back to normal once back home. The advice about supergluing the bleed kit syringes in that thread is worth following fwiw.

d45yth
    Free Member

I’ve just read about that superglue tip…I just use plumbers PTFE tape instead, on both ends of the tube on the syringe.

HaydPD
    Free Member

All done. Fixed. Thanks for your help everyone.

I trimmed an inch of the hose, fitted the new barb, bleed the remote (loads of air and crap came out from the broken barb), reinserted the screw into the bleed port and voila the seat magically rose when I pressed the button.

Chuffed 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How do i extend my Reverb without the remote?’ is closed to new replies.