Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • how do i connect this light up?? (dining room light )
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all,

ive bought a new light for the dining room which has this connector block on it………

i somehow need to connect this to the wires from this ceiling fitting………….

ignore the blue and brown wires as they are for the ceiling pendant which is coming down.

any ideas which wires go where??

ta

steve

IanMunro
    Free Member

The brown one goes where the existing brown pendant one does, likewise the blue.
    The green and yellow one goes to the lonely brass connection on the bottom left of the picture of the ceiling rose.
    If you're planning to remove the ceiling rose, then you're going to need a bigger bit of chocolate block 🙂

renton
    Free Member

cheers for that ,
    unfortunately the ceiling fitting has to come down to so i will only have the wires left??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IanMunro
    Free Member

In which case you'll need a bigger bit of chocolate block.
    The two black wires on the left need to be connected to your new blue wire.
    The rightmost red wire to your new brown wire. The two reds in the middle to each other(this is why you'll need a 4 connection block rather than the three in your new fitting, and the two grounds on the brass dodah to your new ground (green yellow).
    /caveat no idea what the wiring regs say on the subject of the correct connection method.

tinsy
    Free Member

Renton, its not a great fix, but the existing fitting will be very brittle and you can just snap off all the excess and use it as a connector block, I can quite see from the pic but maybe the connector bit is removable from it… Or just go buy a block, as you wont be able to jam all the wires into the connectors on your new light.

renton
    Free Member

cheers for the info fellas!!

tinsy you are right , the block comes off the fitting so will use that as the connector block!!

Dudie
    Free Member

Make sure you turn off the power to your lights at the fusebox/consumer unit before fiddling. That ceiling fitting will be live despite the light switch being 'off'!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘how do i connect this light up?? (dining room light )’ is closed to new replies.