Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • How did you propose?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member
    rondo101
    Free Member

On the roof garden of our hotel in Rome, where we’d gone to celebrate both her birthday and valentine’s day.

She asked me if I was joking & then burst into tears.

P20

Stood behind a waterfall where the splashback was frozen. Tasha (ahsat) had no idea, she grabbed hold of me and started jumping around. We both nearly ended in the waterfall.

Ashgill Force Waterfall by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

cheers_drive

On top of Bioda Buidhe on Skye this May.
    It’s not the hardest walk in the world but the future misses CD is an exercise-shy asthmatic so I had to get her to the top with promises of amazing views. Once at the summit I had to let her catch her breath before I went down on one knee. She was genuinely surprised and very happy, the view was amazing and we were all alone for the hour we were up there.
    The trip was part of a Highlands roadtrip for her birthday and I owe STW one for the advice on the itinerary.

emsz
    Free Member

Still waiting.

😕

mrlugz
    Free Member

here

on Christmas day 2002

Had no ring, but went down on one knee. We then went to a little jewellery market just outside Central Park and bought a ring off a chinese lady. It was designed and made by her. She took us through to the back where we watched it get re-sized, the stone was reset and polished back up. We were told that it was the only one in existence.

We then went back to central park and made snow angels.

matt_outandabout

By a wee stream, in the rain and melting snow in Cumbria. Having bottled it the previous sunny, snowcovered day on the top of Helvellyn, I had to just blimping do it before I bottled again….

sweaman2
    Free Member

Top of the Schilthorn in Switzerland. The original plan would have been to ski from there to Lauterbrunnen on the Inferno run after asking. However they had closed the upper run so queue much “Let’s just go to the top to look at the view” from me with her wondering why for the first time ever I was happy leaving skis at the intermediate station. Took several laps of the viewing platform so I’m glad I wasn’t trying to time it with something like a sunset… would have been dark by the time I actually asked.

Bedds
    Free Member

There..

Peel Castle in the Isle of Man during the Centenary TT races. I planned it all, asked her dad before we went, bought a small bottle of champagne and proposed in with a stunning sunset on the beach using my Grans Wedding ring.

She said yes, we opened the champagne (which I’d hidden in my camera bag) and then shared it with her family who were waiting round the corner 🙂

a little boy and 3 years later and I’m getting happier each day 🙂

windowshopper
    Free Member

Met the missus on match.com so the first time she saw me was a photo taken in a nice little Lake District pub. Took her to the same pub, sat us in the same spot. Produced ring, down on one knee… she’s delighted, job done.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mr Y propsed to me within seconds of giving birth to our first child. I think he’d intended to do it before, but LilYeti was 3 weeks early.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Me and Mrs S were at a Level 42 gig in Liverpool. I asked Mark King to propose on my behalf, live on stage in front of 2,000 people.*

*this is completely ficticios.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I proposed badly when drunk one morning and to make matters worse she accepted. It went downhill from there tbh.

Ewan
    Free Member

Top of pitch hill….

– Stashed champaigne in bushes on a ride the previous day with glasses
    – Asked her fathers permission
    – Went on a walk with her round surrey hills
    – Got to appropiate point, told her I was going to take a picture of her sitting on the bench
    – Took a picture, remarked ‘oooo that’s a good one’
    – Bent down on one knee to show her said picture on camera
    – Picture actually was an image i’d stored earlier that said gooey words to the effect of ‘marry me’
    – Got a yes, produced ring, fetched champagine

About the most romantic i’ve ever been or will be!

Earl
    Free Member

GrahamS

At a viewpoint on top of the Hintertux Glacier overlooking the Austrian Alps while on a snowboarding holiday.

I did exactly the same thing!
    Then a pulled a all meat sandwich out of my top pocket that i has been carrying around all morning and we sat and ate it in snow.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Finish line of Mountain Mayhem 2009 after winning the solo race.
    I’d been planning it for a while, but I messed up the year before and dropped out.
    We got married a few weeks ago 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘How did you propose?’ is closed to new replies.