Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • How did you propose?
  • lunge

At some point in the near future I am going to ask Miss Lunge the BIG question and would like to make a good job of it.

With this on mind I wondered if you could share youe (un)romantic stories about how the question was asked and whether it was concidered good, bad or indifferent.

Klunk
    Free Member

i nagged her till she said yes.

wwaswas

we were, errrm, horizontal, she said yes.

I’ve never asked whether it was considered (in)appropriate, tbh.

DezB
    Free Member

Wife said – “Shall we go on holiday to St. Lucia? If we’re there 3 weeks we can get married.”
    I said, “Hmm, sounds ok. Can I try windsurfing too?” (or something similar)

GrahamS

At a viewpoint on top of the Hintertux Glacier overlooking the Austrian Alps while on a snowboarding holiday.

(used a stunt-ring in case I dropped it in the snow!)

She wept, people nearby cheered.

Just celebrated our 5th anniversary.

nickf
    Free Member

Fell out of the back of the Land Rover, pissed. My girlfriend looked a bit exasperated, but helped me up, got my bike out of the car, and told me to get to bed, she’d sort things out. I decided there and then that if anyone could put up with my rubbish, she was worth hanging on to. So I asked her to marry me.

She told me to ask again in the morning. I did, she said yes, we bought a ring. Ups and downs, but we’ve been married 18 years.

totalshell

i was told there was no question that i had a choice.

Stoner
    Free Member

everytime we got pissed for about 3 years.

Finally tried it sober and it stuck 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I whispered it in her ear at midnight on New Year’s Eve.

She said she had to think about it 😯

A month later she asked me back with a ‘Marry me’ Love Heart sweet and it took her about 8 packs to find a pack with the right one in.

But my brother’s was best – he asked his girlfriend whilst having a pee against a wall behind Knaresborough bus station. Sweet.

camo16
    Free Member

On a beach 🙂
    At sunset 🙂
    With only gulls for company 🙂

Sheesh, it was freezing. That’s why I needed several pints afterwards. 🙂

zippykona

Hastings beach at sunset on a massive sugar rush.
    I had something far grander planned but the moment was perfect.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Our’e not are you ? are you sure its mine .

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Ring in a small box, wrapped up as a Xmas tree present – opened it on Epiphany as the tree was being put away (we usually save one present for epiphany)

j3ffo
    Free Member

Walking down by the harbour at dusk whislt we were away in Mallorca. Had a ring already picked and she was speachless. Got a round of applause from a small crowd further down when I pulled the ring out.

I did the honorable thing of asking her dad before we went away… (he’s paying for the wedding now)

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Rugby World Cup, watching Scotland v SA, waited until half time & asked her. Did the one knee thing but there was nobody else to see as was in the lounge at the time.

A bit spur of the moment but she kept bringing me beer & I felt happy.

Don’t regret it 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

Top of Ben nevis

fenred
    Free Member

But my brother’s was best – he asked his girlfriend whilst having a pee against a wall behind Knaresborough bus station. Sweet.

😆

xcstu
    Free Member

On this beach, Cayo Levisa, Cuba 🙂

clunker

Outside our first house on new years eve 1999, I asked the question and the whole of the skyline lit up with fireworks for the start of 2000. Three Children later 8)

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I was proposed to, I should have stuck to my guns and said no … wonder where she is now?

Pook

Top of dunkery beacon

soma_rich
    Free Member
    MoreCashThanDash

We were planning a dream holiday to Canada and the US – I was going to go down on one knee at the top of the Empire State building. Then she decided we weren’t doing New York as she’d already been.

Then suddenly she started referring to the holiday as the honeymoon, and I said that if she organised it, I’d turn up.

So I never actually proposed….is it still legal and valid?

callous
    Free Member

On both knees, surrounded by half emptied luggage having just arrived from Luxembourg sporting dyed red hair and a newly pierced nipple (both of which were suprises to my intended) – she was suprised to say the least but did say ‘yes’ straightaway.

in Hastings as well.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

We already had a few nights booked in Vegas.

We mutually agreed that we didn’t need any more toasters (big party with wedding gifts), we both hate being centre of attention, had been co-habiting 6 years already and were looking to buy a 2nd, grown-ups home together (3 bed from a 1 bed flat).

Booked a driv-thru do about 2 days before take-off. The reception was McDonalds for 2 on the Strip! Told the rest of the family in the evening .. they still all feel hard done by.

mogrim

In the middle of this:

Campo del Moro, just under the palace in Madrid.

bikebouy
    Free Member

My first LTG said no, here (Tarifa)

So she found her own way back home..

willard

I waited until she was suffering from vertigo at the top of the leaning tower of Pisa, then asked her.

I’m sure she said yes just so I would let her come back down, but we’re still married two years on, so it must have worked.

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouy said erm.. here (Valencia Harbour at the last Americas Cup)

We’re still together, hahaha, and happy.. one day maybe we’ll get around to it..

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I hope her first name doesn’t begin with the letter C? Actually I hope it does… Mrs C Lunge.

lunge

schrickvr6, unfortunately her name does not begin with C and my surname isn’t Lunge. Shame as that would have been funny.

xterramac
    Free Member

While out riding on the Malverns last weekend, once we were both suitably covered in mud spray, I made an excuse to stop, got down on one knee, pulled the ring out of my camelbak and said the magic words,,
    She said yes, (which was nice) and then we dropped off the side, down a sweet single track to the cafe…………

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

she asked me

lesa
    Free Member

Wife went out with her sisters and when she came back she said were getting married on bla bla bla

carbon337
    Free Member

London eye on a weekend away – didnt have loads of cash for a fancy holiday but had a ring.

Produced ring in the pod – however as I’m reminded lots now i only asked her – “fancy getting engaged” and never properly proposed nor did the one knee stuff either.

5 yrs married and one daughter later we are still doing grand.

neninja
    Free Member

London +1

Took her to London for the weekend. Went for a lovely dinner and happened to pass Eros where I popped the question (had the ring in my pocket).

DaRC_L

Took her to Amsterdam, thought we could get a ring whilst there but I didn’t really have a plan of when to ask her 😯

Somewhere past Rembrandtsplein (I think) a plane went over pulling a message banner it looked like it said – <MrsDaRC_L’s name> will you marry me – although it was all dutch to me…
    So I shuffled my feet and asked her then. She said yes. It’s been 7 years of happiness.

Although allegedly because I didn’t drop to my knees/have a plan it wasn’t romantic enough. However, looking at some of the above she should be grateful 😆

alfabus
    Free Member

top of the aiguille rouge in les arcs (highest place in the resort, top of a cable car), surrounded by skiers and snowboarders all taking pictures.

I didn’t think it was all that romantic, but she loved it.

Dave

iDave
    Free Member

Sunrise, Mt Sinai. Wish I hadn’t.

lunge

Last time I skied the Aguille Rouge there was a guy with his knee facing 180 degree round from where it should have been, he understandably was in a fair amount of discomfort.

Anyway, good inspiration, thanks so far!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘How did you propose?’ is closed to new replies.